Noisy Runner Duck

If you can legally have your ducks I would have to cut my ties with them and put up a privacy fence so that she cannot see you and you won't have to listen to her. We have one and we get along fine with our neighbors but my one duck is so loud and I think it helps with the noise. I can't understand how she can be babysitting dogs all day and being able to sleep. Your poor Custard was just an outlet for her to have an excuse to complain. Menopause is no excuse to be unreasonable. Does she expect you to mow your grass at night too so she can sleep? She needs to re-evaluate herself and pick on someone her own size, not Custard.

Your neighbour is bad but a person in my neighbourhood is worse. A neighbour just posted on NextDoor:

"I wish neighbors would just talk to other neighbors when they have an issue. If you would just communicate with me about an issue you have with me then it would have saved both of us a lot of headache. I bought 4 chicks for my daughter as a gift, one of them ended up being a rooster. We are annoyed by this rooster and are working very hard to rehome it. It has only been making noise for two weeks now. I know this is annoying to you because I find it annoying as well but I cannot allow an innocent animal to be killed for just the reason of it makes noise. We bought the chicks assuming they were hens and hens only. It is not out fault that one was a rooster. Well neighbor, now that you have complained a county code enforcement officer has come to my house and told me that the rooster has to go(which again we have already been working on) and that the chickens must go as well unless I obtain a permit. The permit to keep these chickens is $550... which with it being Christmas we wont be able to do. "

So sad that there are such awful people in our midst

Its amazing to me no matter were in life I have lived there has always been one bad neighbor. I guess that's the one who makes sure they have to stand out as the bad neighbor. Im sure in some cases Iv had more than one that I didnt know about. But no matter were I have lived someone wanted the position and worked very hard to make sure they were recognized for it.
SOME people really just want that position and if you ignore them well they work harder at it. I think it comes down to a need to control because they dont know how to control there own affairs its got to be someone/s fault.

Back to the real question Runner girls make allot of noise and demands they have there own control issues. I have quite a few girls and in the morning when they hear the door open from the back of my house 3 or 4 of the girls start in quacking from the barn... When they want more food or even think I gave something to the geese they didnt get Yep off they go again. For most of the day they are quiet as long as they have everything they want. The boys keep them entertained most of the day flirting with them.

The good news is when something is really wrong they will call for you... So some dumb suggestions would be. Have a bag of goodies they love when they get loud distract them There all about opportunity and meal worms and peas work around here....

I moved to the country to raise my birds and the cattle guy next door keeps trying to destroy my fencing and property have had to have the Sheriffs involved more than a few times, But I love it here My birds love it I have 20+ other great people that live around me. I even like his cows who come to visit my birds every day by the fence. He has a nice wife but as for him well I get your frustration... Menopause has nothing to do with it Some people were just born with ________ fill in the blank... But never change your life for them.

Back
Top Bottom