Non layer; what else to check.

ccstar

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Gilroy, CA
First of all let me say "Ivy" is spoiled. Organic everything, yogurt and crushed shells and chared wood and DE everywhere and some Acv in the water on occasion, tons of roaming time in my safe urban backyard (all neighbors have nice dogs so we have no rodent/cat issues). I have two also 11 month olds who lay perfectly. Ivy had mites when I got her on 4/13. She's been treated and is fine.
But still no eggs. She's not hiding them, I isolated her for a while. Outside of being sort of a bratty school girl (she's the omega) and chases the alpha as soon at the Ancona goes in to lay, she's healthy with normal behaviors.

What else can I try/give her/check for?

Perhaps she misses her rooster who did a number on her back feathers - which are growing in nicely by the way. LOL

My mom wants me to return her to the breeder. I want to give her every chance to be happy even if that means taking her back to her old home.

Suggestions?

Moving house is stressful for chickens and it can take them several weeks to settle in and resume laying. It sounds like she's healthy and happy and well taken care off
thumbsup.gif
Give her a bit more time.

Back
Top Bottom