Non-laying chick laying on others eggs

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
I’m sure i can figure out the answer to this…. but is there a reason why my 25-ish week old non-laying chick is laying on other chickens eggs? I’m going to assume she’s going to start laying soon… but i’m just curious as to why if she’s not laying any of her own

I’m sure i can figure out the answer to this…. but is there a reason why my 25-ish week old non-laying chick is laying on other chickens eggs? I’m going to assume she’s going to start laying soon… but i’m just curious as to why if she’s not laying any of her own
Any signs of broodiness?

Any signs of broodiness?
No, not that i know of, she’s just kind of started this today. Back and forth between the nesting box and the corner spot where they’ve been laying their eggs. Sitting on them and making a nest but no egg from her :/ she’s our more timid pullet so she doesn’t really bother with us lol

I think your guess is correct, she might be close to laying so she's exploring all the possibly options for her to use once it's time.
That’s what i was thinking because the chick that started laying first did the same thing. Out of all three chicks the one laying and the one i think is going too lay, i for sure thought they were going to lay last lol.

Back
Top Bottom