I use nonstick pans every day. It's something I can't do without. What's all this about non-stick pan fumes killing birds instantly? I have button quail in my bonus room upstairs and have had them for a while now and they're fine but I was looking into buying a parrot a year ago and started looking again and it says do not use them or your bird will die from fumes. Can anyone explain this clearly to me because I don't know how my birds aren't dead. Is it because they aren't near the kitchen? I want to get a dove not a parrot after doing some research so can I safely keep them in the house?