NONONO!!! I think it's trying to CROW!!! Added pics for eye candy!! :)

Hate to say it - but I am with gritstar. My ee boys looked just like that when they were feathering out and one started to crow at 4 weeks............
he.gif

Thank you all for your input & patience. Here are some comparitive pics:

041small.jpg

042small.jpg

017small-2.jpg

030small-1.jpg

034small-1.jpg

039small.jpg

And just because:

043small-1.jpg

Also chickmunk has a chirpie sound, whereas the grey one is almost more of a bark. I mean not really, but it seems throatier if that makes sense.

I still think it might be too early to tell... I'm new at this, but I'm getting girl vibes from Chipmunk.

*I have an EE that looks exactly like Chipmunk - we named her Chipper.

I thought it was too early to tell with EE's this soon, too (based on what I'd read on here as far as looks go). But the whole looking like crowing thing had me going "Say wha?!?!?" LOL

I'd say give it a little more time. I raised an ee this spring that looked exactly like yours and it's a pullet. Granted she's a moose and her legs and the rest of her are huge but she's definately a she! I would post her pic's but my camera's not working. Super cute pic's by the way! Hope it turns out to be a hen.

I am saying its a girl, tail feathers are in and thinner legs. My chipmunks all got there back feathers in later than all the other solid pattern chicks. So I would not go by that perse. I think you called it right you will know more in another week or two when the males combs start to redden up. My two roos are 4 and half weeks and there combs are much bigger and are now kust redding up.

Back
Top Bottom