Noob in Texas

slt0604

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My name is Shannon...Since we have some land and live in the country, we have decided to get some chicks to have as layers. I'm not interested in using them for meat...just yummy eggs. I've copied and pasted the intro template to make this a little easier and not seem so rambling on my part.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes! Although I do remember as a child having a Banty rooter around the barn. I have grown up with animals all my life and love to have them around. We just got our first chicks yesterday afternoon. We will be picking up a coop soon to move them into once they are old enough.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We bought six chicks.....

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have a mix...LOL...1 Leghorn; 1 Frizzle, 1 Black Sex Link, 1 Silkie Mix (not too sure on this one), and 2 Ameraucanas.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I was doing research on the breeds that we got and this site kept popping up. Spent a lot of time on it last night reading the articles.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Other hobbies include cars. My husband used to build street rods and now we have two Mustangs and our oldest has a Mustang as well. I am getting into sewing/quilting and I try to do that as much as possible between family, cars, and work...and now Chickens!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a very spoiled French Bulldog named Radar, for his big ears, and a lazy good for nothing Manx Cat, Tucker. We enjoy our property and being out in the country with the wild birds and catching glimpses of their babies every now and then.

I'm sure I'll be spending quite some time on this site. I've learned a lot of things in just the short time I've been here. Thanks for a great site! :)

welcome-byc.gif
Have you checked out the Learning Center yet??

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

I'm also a noob in many ways. :D Because no matter how much you learn there is still a universe full of things you can learn, and much more than any person can learn before they die.

images

Welcome to BYC!

You have a very nice chick assortment! Yes, this place is busting at the seams with knowledge! If you have any questions about anything, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

I'm also a noob in many ways. :D Because no matter how much you learn there is still a universe full of things you can learn, and much more than any person can learn before they die.

Thank you. I truly believe that to! We never stop learning!

Hello and welcome, where abouts in Texas are you?

Thanks! We are North of Dallas.

images

Welcome to BYC!

You have a very nice chick assortment! Yes, this place is busting at the seams with knowledge! If you have any questions about anything, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Thanks so much! I've learned so much already! Love all the articles in the learning center!

Back
Top Bottom