Nooobie from So Cal - dreaming chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cjpeeps, May 12, 2011.

1. cjpeeps

cjpeeps Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    CO
    Hi All,

I've been researching chickens in anticipation of adding a few to our little family, so much so that I'm dreaming chickens! Thought that was a good sign I should probably join!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - when I was a kid, about 7, I got my first chicken. She was about 3 weeks old and scrawny, but blossomed into a beautiful chicken.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None <-- help me rectify this! [​IMG]

(3) What breeds do you have? I *think* the chicken I had was some kind of Rhode Island Red. I *think*. As far as breeds now, I'm wondering if we should go bantam - Ameraucana, Barred Rock, or Barnevelder?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? It's not hard to stumble across if you're serious about researching chickens online... probably google [​IMG]

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Anything related to my family, and sewing. I [​IMG] sewing almost as much as chickens.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. A husband, 3 kids, sahm, wannabe chicken breeder.

Please help me get from this: [​IMG] to this: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cat in So Cal.

2. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Good luck with your chickens when you get them [​IMG]

4. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
  5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I can't wait to see what you get!

6. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

7. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    It wont be long for your new chickies. There are plenty of enablers here. [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! Welcome from western Kentucky! You have LOTS of nice, California company on here! The rest of us are pretty nice, most of the time! [​IMG] You'll find lots of friendly folks, a TON of valuable, helpful information, witty banter, and plenty of good-natured ribbing! Pull up a (comfy!) chair and let's be friends! [​IMG]

10. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    HI there and WELCOME to the best site on the internet. [​IMG] Im in menifee CA close to norco well not super close, i should say down the 15 aways. [​IMG] yaya when you get them you will have to post them up on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by