Nope!

I have 32 barnyard mixes in a cooler waiting. Its 85 degrees in my house but its 65 in the cooler with a little ice. Going to turn them now.

I am so happy everyone is joining. The Ovascope is a great prize. Thanks Brinsea!

P.S. I was thinking about adding a second contest within a contest unrelated to Brinsea of course. I have som beautiful BLRW hens and a beautiful roo. They are just starting to lay and I have checked for fertility though they will still be "test" eggs since I have yet to hatch them. I was thinking of offering 6 and creating a photo contest for it...

Thoughts???

How is everyone compensating for different sizes in the Brinsea Octagon 20? I know some people use wax paper, others paper towels... I am using the cheap brown school paper towels, but my question is, will that effect humidity for the first 18 days? I know that during lockdown they will be okay because I will take the paper towels out... any thoughts? Also has anyone used egg cartons in the brinsea octagon 20? How did it turn out? Did you use it the whole time or just lockdown?

ETA a picture:
IMG_0841.JPG

Last edited:
I used paper towels in mine and I don't think it affected humidity at all. Mine has the humidifier attached and regulates itself and has stayed on 30% the whole time never wavering. To be honest it hasn't used really any water at all.

Quote:
Why do you number your eggs that way? Just curious as I have seen other people doing something similar.

Most people will number their eggs with the dates they were collected. I dont know what other methods people use. I write the breeds and the dates if I can.

I use paper towels as well. I cut them into little squares and wedge them inbetween the eggs. You can also put the rails in at a angle as well.

Yay!! More fun!! I have some more lavender Ameraucanas, some olive egger/frizzled naked necks, a few Marans projects and some mixes to fill it. Should start hatching in about 2 weeks I think. I can never really remember when I set them...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom