Norm Man

skunknchatter

Crowing
16 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Northern Utah
This is Norm Man. He keeps trying to breed my hens
tongue.png
Should I get him his own woman? Or will I just end up with many fertilized duck eggs? And where would I find a female runner? The feed stores only get straight run ducks.

Norm1.jpg

If you just ate the eggs immediately I wouldn't think there would be an appreciable difference. We do, but our ducks just started laying, so we haven't had ducklings or anything yet.

And you don't have to get him a Runner per se... *wink wink*

He'd probably love anybody!
lol.png

So how do duck eggs compair to chicken eggs in taste? And if you gather the eggs and refridgerate them does it keep the fertilized ones from developing?

you could easily get him 2 or 3 girlfriends and he'd be in heaven. Usually 2 girls to a boy s better so the boy doesn't hurt or wear out a girl.

My fiance saw your duck and giggled a little, he says Norm looks like our runner with a black eye! .lol This is my victor-
S7305473.jpg

Quote:
I actually like our duck eggs more than chicken eggs. Duck eggs are alkaline (base) and chicken eggs are acidic. Not sure if that really affects flavor, but it might help if you get IBS with chicken eggs??

I'd think that if they tell you not to store hatching eggs in the fridge that, yeah, it would basically render them non-viable... Just my thoughts though.

We always eat fertile eggs...everybody ducks and chickens have boyfriends
smile.png
You just put them in the fridge and they never do anything...they even sell fertile eggs in the store, say they are more nutritious??? whatever they taste good! The duck eggs taste a little more "eggie", but not really a big difference, they make really poofy cakes
smile.png
You may be able to get sexed ducklings at the feed store now that it's spring...I'd get like 3 so he has many women to satiate him!

Back
Top Bottom