Normal check poop?

SJchickens

Songster
Mar 13, 2015
Long Island, NY
My serama just took two of these. Can't really tell if it's bloody or not but looked a little funny.

Bump. Also wanted to add that she always seemed to be a little more sickly than the other one. I've been keeping an eye on her and this poop just looked a little funny. Possibly bloody?

I am an advocate for treating fast for Cocci with Corid, it does not hurt to treat but not treating can be a mistake if they actually have it. I suspected my chick that almost died last year had it, I treated and she improved. I maybe was quick on the gun to treat my batch this year but with no negative effects noticed either time I am glad I did it. Keeping in mind that both times mine had no symptoms past lethargy last year and runny poop this year.

Go ahead and get the liquid form of Corid. It's not going to be harsh on the chick to start her on it. As I understand Corid, it's not an antibiotic so will do nothing more to a chick's system than block the one nutrient that cocci needs to multiply. (Look in the cattle section of the feed store for it)

For a single chick,mix a quarter teaspoon of liquid Corid in a cup of water. Mix fresh each day for five days. That's all there is to it. Even if you don't know if cocci is present, it does no harm to treat for it.

If you want, it can't hurt to treat all the chicks to be safe. Half a teaspoon of Corid in 2 cups of water.

Looks bloody to me. How old, how long have you had it? Where did it come from?

I am an advocate for treating fast for Cocci with Corid, it does not hurt to treat but not treating can be a mistake if they actually have it. I suspected my chick that almost died last year had it, I treated and she improved. I maybe was quick on the gun to treat my batch this year but with no negative effects noticed either time I am glad I did it. Keeping in mind that both times mine had no symptoms past lethargy last year and runny poop this year.

Go ahead and get the liquid form of Corid. It's not going to be harsh on the chick to start her on it. As I understand Corid, it's not an antibiotic so will do nothing more to a chick's system than block the one nutrient that cocci needs to multiply. (Look in the cattle section of the feed store for it)

For a single chick,mix a quarter teaspoon of liquid Corid in a cup of water. Mix fresh each day for five days. That's all there is to it. Even if you don't know if cocci is present, it does no harm to treat for it.

If you want, it can't hurt to treat all the chicks to be safe. Half a teaspoon of Corid in 2 cups of water.
Thanks guys! She's been acting a little funny also so I think I might've caught it early. Gonna get some Corid today.

It's a little upsetting that my chicks might have Cocci since I'm already dealing with a possible respiratory infection :I

Back
Top Bottom