Normal Chick Behavior?

@BlindLemonChicken I don’t know if your username is actually accurate? 😂 Have you had a blind chicken?
Yes thats why I registered on this website, my blind Americauna Weezy (after Louise Jefferson). Her best friend was named Florence haha so I could yell at her "Flawwwwence!!" Which was convenient cause she was always pissing me off. 😆

i opened up another thread on her, and while she was doing good, she randomly passed away three nights after getting her. really not sure what happened. she had been strong, gaining, etc hours pre death. but, that's often how it is. the chick in my pfp was the other partially blind chicken from her group. she's doing great, and has move outside with her sisters. shes beocme the mother hen to our young leghorns and her and i are best friends. i miss my blind chick terribly, and i admit when puttin the others outside i thought of her and wondere what she she may be like if she had lived.

I try not to feel guilty, even though its hard. Brienne, the partially blind chick, does well enough. she struggles to find treats, etc, but she can see enough to exist. haven't seen her try to fly onto roost bars, though most of them are only now trying that.
Likely, i will adopt another impaired chicken in the future. i enjoyed her care, even though it broke my heart to see her go. i kept some feathers and im trying to get into resin work to preserve them.

Back
Top Bottom