Normal Feet or Scaly Leg Mites? Please help!

White legs are not the beginning of leg mites! So much so, that some standards for some aseel types say that the only acceptable leg color is white. On a different note, I would highly encourage you to get a second chicken to keep her company
Thanks for your input! I appreciate it. I have a couple of parrots and a dove. I am hoping she will socialize well with them. It's an interesting dynamic. I teach them to respect each other and they get along well. Also, I work from home so I spend a lot of time with them. If for any reason I think she isn't happy here I will certainly look to place her somewhere with other bantams of her breed.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it. I have a couple of parrots and a dove. I am hoping she will socialize well with them. It's an interesting dynamic. I teach them to respect each other and they get along well. Also, I work from home so I spend a lot of time with them. If for any reason I think she isn't happy here I will certainly look to place her somewhere with other bantams of her breed.
one thing to consider is that chickens need to dig and scratch around and they need to dust bathe. it keeps them happy and healthy. maybe she can have an outdoor area to do this daily? she's very cute.

one thing to consider is that chickens need to dig and scratch around and they need to dust bathe. it keeps them happy. maybe she can have an outdoor area to do this daily? she's very cute.

If she's a house bird I can't risk her bringing anything into the home (she is already recovering from a bad case of coccidia). I suppose I could set up a big Tupperware container though and put sand in it and let her play in it like a sandbox. Would something like this work?

If she's a house bird I can't risk her bringing anything into the home (she is already recovering from a bad case of coccidia). I suppose I could set up a big Tupperware container though and put sand in it and let her play in it like a sandbox. Would something like this work?
a big sandbox could work for sure, and you could also add a little wood ash in there as well. you could also give her trays of sprouted greens and she can dig and scratch them up as well.

a big sandbox could work for sure, and you could also add a little wood ash in there as well. you could also give her trays of sprouted greens and she can dig and scratch them up as well.
Thank you for the ideas! I will definitely try them out. I already have chicken diapers, a big chicken perch, a playpen, a dog crate, a cat bed, a chicken plushie and bird toys for her. I am just waiting to get clearance from the vet (for the coccidia) before I give them to her.

Thank you for the ideas! I will definitely try them out. I already have chicken diapers, a big chicken perch, a playpen, a dog crate, a cat bed, a chicken plushie and bird toys for her. I am just waiting to get clearance from the vet (for the coccidia) before I give them to her.
don't forget you need a nesting box for her! ideally lower than her perch, and don't let her sleep in it, otherwise will be filled with poop :)

Back
Top Bottom