Normal Flock Size?

As in you are limited to how many you can have? Location?
Yes i called the Yavapai, Arizona Zoning dept.. and they said we could have 8 thats good news to me cause last year i was told only 5... bahaha so when i put in my order last month i only ordered 5... I called around to the local feed stores to see what chicks they have in and if they vaccinate their chicks for merrak.. and the only store that has any chicks i would want in the next few months...and has all pullets.. doesnt vaccinate? why??? lol

Not all places vaccinate. It would be nice. Some people choose for theirs to not be vaccinated. My father in-law has never had his done and has never had a problem.

Glad you got what you wanted ordered. I just love the ones I have and cant wait till the others come in.

just reading all the posts on this thread, awesome advice and just loving the photographs! I will be getting my first flock at the beginning of May this year and I cannot wait
celebrate.gif

Not all places vaccinate. It would be nice. Some people choose for theirs to not be vaccinated. My father in-law has never had his done and has never had a problem.

Glad you got what you wanted ordered. I just love the ones I have and cant wait till the others come in.
Im scared not too with how many little birds are always on our property and darn pigeons ( i hate them things.. always coo'in down the chimney...
roll.png
Thats when we call the kids in to scream in the fireplace... hehehhehe..

Last edited:
Don't forget to think about space! Right now I can only handle 15 max. Look at your area, not just space but also if you have any restrictions in your town. Would be terrible to get some and then find out you have either too many or can't keep them! Hope it works out with your family! :)

Yes, we plan to sell most of their eggs, and maybe even hatch them when I'm more experienced, but..... follow-up question, how much does half a dozen or a dozen homegrown eggs go for usually?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom