Norman the Rooster

That has got to be the craziest chicken story of all time. He's a product of a series of unfortunate events it seems. Like the light at the end of a tunnel. I hope you are successful with making lots of little Normans!!

I met Norman at the Heirloom Expo! He is very special.

That he is.

That has got to be the craziest chicken story of all time. He's a product of a series of unfortunate events it seems. Like the light at the end of a tunnel. I hope you are successful with making lots of little Normans!!

I hope I am too... since there's no room at work and I keep a closed home flock, I've commandeered the area beneath the porch of my parent's house in town to raise a BIG crop of little Norman's this coming spring... I'm bribing the current renter to check in on them each day and make sure no one managed to die... bringing Norma to work to live with Norman has been delayed until next Saturday, as she has a bit of scaley leg mite which we thought we had eradicated when we first got the chicks, but apparently not. Once she's over here I hope to hatch a small batch of babies just to test the waters.

He has beautiful eyes too!!

Beautiful eye, technically. I don't get it in photos as often since he's usually looking at me with his good eye, but his right eye is blind and slightly enlarged, I believe due to a deformation or injury he sustained as a chick (he had it when we got him).

I see it differently.  He is the product  of 'fortuitous' events.

Fortuitous is a good word. :)

Norman and his LOVELY tail.

I'm calling this series of photos "god dangit Norman you know full well you aren't supposed to be up there"

Somebody's molting :oops:

"Where is your-? Oh, there it is!"

Norman is so handsome. I hope he doesnt lose to many of his feathers when he molts. Thanks so much for sharing his pics I love Norman.
love.gif

If you haven't already done so, you should enter Norman's picture in the 2017 calendar contest...he's so handsome, he would be great to have included!

Back
Top Bottom