Norman the Rooster

pop.gif
Can't get enough of Normal. Great pics!

The Calendar contest is over I believe, I think it is already on sale but, my mind is gone so
idunno.gif
. However, there are many more contests that Norman could sail through triumphantly.

The Calendar contest is over I believe, I think it is already on sale but, my mind is gone so
idunno.gif
. However, there are many more contests that Norman could sail through triumphantly.

Thanks DD...I'm out of touch. Guess now I have to go order one!

Norman is so handsome.  I hope he doesnt lose to many of his feathers when he molts.  Thanks so much for sharing his pics I love Norman.  :love

He's looking suprisingly good during molt. He has lost a few main tail feathers and some saddle but none of those pretty sickles!... yet. His cage is absolutely filled though, I'll need to get all the molted feathers out tomorrow.

If you haven't already done so, you should enter Norman's picture in the 2017 calendar contest...he's so handsome, he would be great to have included!

I wanted to, but it ended before I could get a REALLY nice photo. I will next year though, for sure! I did enter a friend of mine's rooster, Bob, this year.

Norman is lovely! I'd love to have my little bantam hatch a few of his chicks!

I can't say for sure, but I might have some eggs available next year. I need to hatch a goodly amount of my own chicks first, select a few of the best pullets to keep. I do intend on selling the "pet quality" juveniles who don't quite make the cut for my breeding goals, but not any chicks or eggs until I've gotten the stock I want for the year.

Well, Norman has gone into a full molt! All but two of his main tail feathers are gone and his sickles look as if they'll be next. He's lively as ever, though.

And good news - Norma will be moving to live with Norman as of this coming Saturday. I hope to start incubating a test batch of eggs sometime in the next several weeks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom