Norman the Rooster

Don't feel bad. My first rooster was 10 months old when I got him, the only chicken I ever bought. He had never been with any hens that I know of and was a complete gentleman. My hens I got him for were the same age as he was at the time. It was 5 months before I saw a fertile egg. So, some are just more suave and debonair than others and wait until the lady says "yes".
gig.gif
Such a nice way of saying things!

Ugh, so this is terribly late! I meant to post these way earlier today, but it's been a heck of a day, with plenty of... well, I won't say drama because that word has negative connotations and it has definitely not been a bad day(!), but suffice to say I was rather distracted.

Anyhow - regarding the eggs - I did check again and none of the previous six were fertile. I went ahead and placed 6 new ones in, and Norma is still laying a steady 3-4 a week so hopefully we'll have more success here on out!

New Norman photos:

I think between the funny eye and the ragged appearance from molting, Norman has given himself a marvelous zombie-chicken look for Halloween!

These next couple photos are obviously not actually Norman... no, I accidentally took them while TRYING to take pictures of Norman and proceeding to fall down the hill after losing my balance. I didn't hurt myself but good lord did I get muddy...

And some bonus Norman derps...

Norman and Norma in their cage!

Last edited:
Tee hee QueenMisha it does look like Norman is getting into the spirit of Halloween
wink.png

Even with his bung eye and lack of tail feathers, he still looks good in some of those photos.

Oh dear, not good about your fall but pleased to hear you did not hurt yourself .. the things the Norman paparazzi have to go through to keep his many fans happy .. for that, we thank you
big_smile.png

Thank you so much for the pics and I'm so sorry you fell. Zombie chicken is to funny. Poor Norman had better start growing those feathers in before it gets any colder. Good luck on those eggs we are all rooting for some lil Normans and Normas.
jumpy.gif

I'm about ready for a new Norman/Norma fix (just a small little hint QueenMisha)!

Back
Top Bottom