North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep

oh yeah, I heard lipstick [​IMG] Thanks for reminding me HenThymes

2. KristanB

KristanB Chirping

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    My hens have laid all winter....but maybe she is one that stopped and I didnt realize that...hmmmmm....food coloring on the vent??...that should be entertaing to say the least...so thats how the Easter Bunny gets all those colored eggs??? And I thought he used the EE/Arucanancs...lolol..thats my chicken humor. So maybe I shouldnt be doing my testing till it warms up....hmmm..thanks for the info yall.

3. BHep

BHep Crowing

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    OMG.................. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. KristanB

KristanB Chirping

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    Well I have good new and bad news....good news: she is laying...bad news: she got loose [​IMG]. So I guess I could say Im down a hen now. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. KristanB

KristanB Chirping

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    And I guess I shouldnt be worried...I was getting 5-8 eggs per day with 9 hens...Should I have assumed they were all still laying?

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Did she run away? or did something grab her?

One of my Orps had her feathers plucked atround her vent so i sprayed her with Blue kote and now I can tell which on of my orps is laying. lol

7. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Songster

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Hmmmm I might have to try to "paint" my hens when the Splash Orp pullet starts laying. I'll def want to separate the Splash eggs from the Blue eggs.

8. KristanB

KristanB Chirping

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    She ran from me...shes still in the yard in my hedges....hanging around the coop...but cant get her into the pen...grrrrr [​IMG]. Im hoping that a fox wont get her tonight and when I let my dogs out Im afraid they will chase her off....they arent smart enough or have the courage to actually catch her...I hope.

9. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Songster

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Kristan, Don't chase her. Wait until dusk when she goes to roost. She will either try to get back in her pen or roost somewhere. Just grab her while she is sleeping and put her back. I've stopped chasing them if I don't have a net and can wait until dark.

10. If I wasn't bator challenged I would do it but since I am..........[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by