North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MaryRuthLangdon

MaryRuthLangdon Chillin' With My Peeps

It was such a beautiful day outside today... I took my little Call Ducklings out for a day of fun in the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little stinkers didn't want to go back inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jamie, the Sumatra Rooster we got from you is doing well and loving his little hen... she is a Black Toppie Game Hen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a pic of the Golden Campine pair I got at WCA.... last Sunday. They are so beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hubby's Yellow Gold Pheasants. ( Sonny & Cher )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonny is just stunning. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are his Black Melanistic Pheasants. ( Elvis & Priscilla )

[​IMG]

Here are his Red Gold Pheasants. ( Johnny Bravo & Jenny )

[​IMG]

And these are his Silver Pheasants. ( Romeo & Juliette )

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Mary, glad to hear that he's doing well. Nice birds there.

3. Country Chickens

Country Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Orange County, NC
    Oh, so pretty!!! [​IMG] Would you by any chance be bringing some of these babies to the flock swap? I might have to get some from you! I have two dozen silkie hatching eggs that should be coming tomorrow. There'll be some partridge in the bunch, so I'll have to see how many...but these babies have me [​IMG]! What other colors do you have? Any DQs or faults in your lines I should be aware of? Listen to me--I've sold myself some of your chicks without you even saying they're for sale! [​IMG] Silkie chicks can do that!

4. MaryRuthLangdon

MaryRuthLangdon Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, here are the promised pic updates of Rainy & Stormy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL Only 1 or 2 chicks out of those are out of my own birds the rest were shipped eggs from Geri Godina, I will have 14 more of her eggs hatching this weekend.
    At this point I will only be selling chicks with DQs, colors I don't want, or some mutts I have. also some LF chicks...I am trying to build up my future stock.

I have over 3 dozen eggs coming in the mail tomorrow (all silkies) 12+ partridge from Karen Larson of Catdance then 24 eggs from another lady - partridge, white, paint and possibly BBS I can't remember what all she was sending me. LOL

I am trying to focus on Partridge but my daughter loves the whites so am going to try to start a white/paint pen for her. LOL

My main rooster Jonah - Bat Cave boy

[​IMG]
    below are my teenagers at the time they were around 14 weeks old The buff in the picture is a full grown hatchery hen (shes my best broody mama I ever had so i keep a few PQ girls who are now all 3 years old)
    [​IMG]
    I think here below they are younger...around 11/12 weeks...these are all going into my breeding program - I love the partridge variety pack.

[​IMG]

6. abChicken

abChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Gaston County N.C.
    LOVE THOSE PARTRIDGE SILKIES - I ONLY HAVE TRIO- PLUS THESE- DANG IT I CANT FIND THE PICTURE[​IMG]- BUT HAVE 4 BABIES 3 WEEKS OLD - 20 YEAR OLD HOMEADE INCUBATOR STILL KINDA WORKS[​IMG]

WEATHER NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD FOR SATURDAY 70% CHANCE FOR SHOWERS -FOLKS HAVE A NICE DAY --[​IMG]

7. NewHomesteader2010

NewHomesteader2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Johnston County, NC
    Good Rainy Wednesday morning everyone!! Aside from the rain, it's suppose to be a nice day out!! I would really like to be able to plant something without having to plant in mud...this rain is really beginning to worry me...it's going to flood my seeds out and I am going to end up with nothing more than weeds...that's my fear!! I do have a wonderful green thumb...for weeds!! LOL

Congratulations to those who had chickens lay their first eggs as well as being a chicken wrestler!!

I have learned a secret to chicken wrestling is to occasionally give my chickens a specific treat with a specific call (in my case it's usually DD yelling "chickie"). They will follow me around the yard so long as I have that treat container in my hand (now they follow me where ever, regardless of what's in my hands, because to them I am the "treat" lady). I can walk them (regardless of time of day...unless they are already roosting of course) into the run and close it up before giving them a treat!! This tip was shared by several other BYC'ers when I was tired of chasing chickens around the yard trying to get them locked up before they roosted because we would be gone late into the evening or something!! LOL I was NEVER good at chasing or wrestling them!! Hope this helps you for in the future...NOT that I am wishing/hoping an escapee on you!!

BHep - Can I join by proxy too?? I'll bring over plenty of eggs to go in YOUR incubator for YOU to hatch...that would work, right?? LOL

1 person likes this.
  8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Awesome ab.. [​IMG]

9. Miss Lydia

Precious [​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Makes me want some too... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by