North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. KristanB

KristanB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    Ok, I need yall words of wisdom....I found a lady that will sell me day old lavender chicks for $10 a piece...but this is a straight run...so I could end up with 4 roos. I am wanting hens only. Give me yalls words of wisdom..do I take a gamble for $10 a piece and get me 4 of them?

2. greeneacre

greeneacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Garner, nc
    Well very bad morning here. My first preditor attack. Lost two frizzle pullets, one completely gone and the second , well lets just say that I did have something to bury [​IMG]

I am trying to get out of work half a day to reinforce the back sides of my pens. It was something smaller as it pull the heavy wire out from the post near the bottom and pushed through the boards. I know it ight be back again tonight so out in the rain I go. Will need to call and wake up DH and have him put toghter the compressor we got each other for Christmas so I don't have to do a bunch of hammering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bye Girls.

3. KristanB

KristanB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    Burnsville NC
    I am sorry for your loss.

4. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Sorry GA!!

Well I'm completely bummed today....I have TONS of yardwork to do and its RAINING....I'm tired of it raining on my days off!!! Off to pout about having to stay inside and do housework.......

5. 3ChickensinNC

3ChickensinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    on the coast
    I love the idea of pine straw. We have tons. What a brilliant idea.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    So sorry they were beautiful girls, I know your heart broken.. [​IMG]

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I have only 2 pine trees, but my friend up the road owns a tree farm (thousands of pine trees) so i go up there and fill my truck with bags of the stuff every so often, I mix pine straw and add a thin layer of shavings on top.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    When I wanted lavenders from HT she waited till she knew what sex they were that way I was guaranteed girls, up to you.[​IMG]

9. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

GreenAcre

So very sorry :( They were such beautiful girls. [​IMG]

10. JeniChic

JeniChic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Grover, NC
    Pine needles are great, I use them in all my pens. My girls love to go under the pine trees and sit, scratch, & play in the pine needles.

greeneacre, sorry you lost your girls :( [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by