North Carolina

Quote:
I'm near you!
smile.png

Smithfield by zip code, but I think I'm more in Clayton - 9 miles down the road from the 40/42. Has anyone here picked up chicks from Sumner-Byrd Farm? I see them advertise on Craigslist, but I only have one friend who keeps chickens and he had not heard of them.

Quote:
We have visited them, but never actually bought anything. The one guy we met was very nice. I was PMing with Robin'sbrood yesterday. She said she had bought some chicks from him before and they were doing well. We are debating on getting some Wellsummers in March or April from them.
p.s. We are on the Raleigh side of 40/42. Maybe 10-15 minutes from 42 and Cleveland School Rd.

Quote:
Small world! I grew up in Clayton but live on the Fuquay side of 40/42 now, still in JoCo. My parents are on the other side of Clayton, in the Wilson's Mills area, and have a Clayton address.

I got my original 4 chickens from Sumner-Byrd. They'll be 2 in April and all are alive and doing well. My SLW roo came from there and I just adore him. Last year I got 4 more pullet chicks from them, an EE, a NHR, a SLW, and a SS. They're all beautiful and healthy too. What I like about Roy's farm is you can get as many or as few as you'd like, unlike TSC where you're forced to get at least 6.

Newbie here - from the Western NC mountains. A little town called Glen Ayre up by the Roan mountains.

Wondering if there are any chicken breeders within 100miles of me, on BYC?

Kernersville here, just off buisness 40 at the Linville rd exit. Property backs up to Salem Lake boundry. (K'ville is between Greensboro and W-S).

Back
Top Bottom