North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowoakfarm

. Lovely job! What's your major?

Sorry didn't see your post. I am currently a pre-social work major. I have one more year to finish up my general education requirements and then I will be transferring to an university.

Don't forget to let me know when will be good to get together. I will be available any day after Tuesday. Thanks!

Last edited:
Good to know I have some fellow chicken heads lovers just down the Road!
ya.gif

I am in Wayne County/Goldsboro area.

Hi, I just moved from the western part of NC to Johnston County, NC (Four Oaks) to be exact. I'm a little out of my element here so I am looking to network with fellow chicken lovers/ breeders. Hello everyone!
Welcome! You've come to the right place for chickens. I have learned so much from folks on this thread. Tell us a little about yourself, if you don't mind.

I also have 1-2 beautiful Isbar roosters for sale - one is a blue and one is a black, as well as 3 Black Copper Marans cockerels. I may have also bring a Jaerhorn rooster and a Rhodebar rooster. These are all cockerels that I raised this year (hatched in January) and they are happy and very healthy.

Angela
I just read that the Rhodebar is almost extinct. What do you know about them as a breed? Is he the only one you have?

I just read that the Rhodebar is almost extinct. What do you know about them as a breed? Is he the only one you have?

No, I have 5 hens and I *thought* I had 2 roosters, but I think it is just the one now. So, I will probably keep him. They are really pretty birds - the rooster is gorgeous with a bit more coloring than the hens. I hatched them out in January of this year.

Angela

Good morning folks and welcome all new ones
frow.gif

It's exciting waiting for the babies to arrive and
must admit it's even better that it's not me who
is preggers. While I would not give up having that
experience, I am also in no hurry to do it again..........
that is for the younger folks
lau.gif

Good luck with your deliveries
jumpy.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

Another chilly, sunny day. Hope it warms up; doing chores in the chill is not fun. I have three litters of bunnies due any minute now. Two of the moms are first-timers, so I'd like this over with.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Good Morning! It was a pretty chilly night - my 7-8 week old Leghorn girlies were in the coop all night without a lamp. Call me crazy, but they survived. Hubs was a little concerned, but they are resilient, need to get used to it somehow, no?!

Back
Top Bottom