North Carolina

Unfortunately, the person that was going to buy my Lemon Cuckoo Orphington rooster won't be ready for him so he is available again! I will be at Chickenstock next weekend (so excited), and can bring him there if anyone is interested. I live in Forsyth County if you'd rather come to my house to see him.

I also have 1-2 beautiful Isbar roosters for sale - one is a blue and one is a black, as well as 3 Black Copper Marans cockerels. I may have also bring a Jaerhorn rooster and a Rhodebar rooster. These are all cockerels that I raised this year (hatched in January) and they are happy and very healthy.

On an exciting note.....One of my silkies is laying eggs!!! The oldest one is just 6 months old so it took me a while to realize who was laying those little eggs - I really didn't think it could be one of them since I had heard that they are late to start to lay. She is laying them in odd places so hopefully she will eventually lay them in the nest box we mounted down where they sleep....?? instead of in random places in the yard.

And on an even more exciting note (for me, at least), my semester of grad school is OVER and I took the PRAXIS 2 on Saturday! I was scrubbing rain rot, combing poop out of tails and pulling ticks on Saturday at the barn, so things are definitely getting back to normal! I've missed my horse time so much...

Angela

Good morning folks
frow.gif

hope everyone had a great Mother's Day

today is suppose to be a bit cooler than
it has been.........I can deal with a summer
where we have a few warm days and then
a few cooler days with a little rain sprinkled
in every now and then
yesss.gif

hope your day is a good one
wink.png
I agree, the weather would be a lot better if it didn't just stay hot until October or later. I like the break. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Where is Luke? Any baby news?
HAHA No baby yet! The due date is today so we go to the doc and if nothing by Thursday they'll schedule an induction.

Mega busy weekend! It sure is tough trying to keep eveyone happy around the house and having to be extra nice guy on top of that..
lau.gif
I don't think there's a big enough box of beer for that!

DoubleA: I told the lady about the partridge cochin but haven't heard back from her? I guess when you try and help people out this is how they do ya?!?!

Happy Monday everyone!

Good Monday Morning everyone!!

Luke - hang in there!! We are all praying for you and her...as well as getting quite excited for you!!

I have kids sleeping in late (must be the cooler evening/start to the day), my chores are done and my only "job" today is to go out and register my new (to us) vehicle...having a pretty laid back morning with plenty of ME time...it's weird, I don't know what to do!! LOL Tomorrow marks the 7 week countdown and with how crazy the weather has been lately, I am definitely READY to be done!!

Mama Hen is doing FABULOUS with her 7 babies - it's quite funny to watch her chase the other birds away from her "area", yet she's the one who keeps scratching her feed out of the run...LOL. Still, she is one sweet mama (albeit VERY protective) - she is constantly talking to them whether or not they are out, and we can actually hear her in the house sometimes...CUTE!!
love.gif

All is well at the Meadows...I just wish all those fruit trees we planted last year didn't die...and whomever turned the ant infestation up, I loathe you right now. My yard is OVERRUN with ant hills!! If I wasn't worried about bees, I'd flood their hills with DE and everything else non-toxic under the sun...but I worry it might harm other beneficial insects, so I won't!! GRR!! Other than that slight annoyance, all is well here...I hope all is well with everyone else!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

Hi, I just moved from the western part of NC to Johnston County, NC (Four Oaks) to be exact. I'm a little out of my element here so I am looking to network with fellow chicken lovers/ breeders. Hello everyone!

Welcome to NC &
welcome-byc.gif
J2Squared! I am right next door in Wayne County. I just recently started my backyard crew with 6 Leghorns & 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes {although I believe that one of them is a GLW}. Hope you are settling in nicely, this is a pretty part of NC. My husband and I just moved here from Ohio in August.

Hi, I just moved from the western part of NC to Johnston County, NC (Four Oaks) to be exact. I'm a little out of my element here so I am looking to network with fellow chicken lovers/ breeders. Hello everyone!
welcome-byc.gif
and HELLO
frow.gif
fellow Johnston County member!! I am not exactly which part of JC I am in...I'd say the southern part?? I'm over in the Smithfield/Selma area although relatively "new" to NC...and chickens. I am not a breeder, but I am definitely a chicken lover!!
gig.gif
We have a little farm here that houses about 20 chickens, 4 duck, and recently 7 chicks!! I hope you feel right at home here on the NC thread...I can say everyone here is SO helpful and friendly, they are like extended family!!
big_smile.png
(Well, the good kind of extended family that is...LOL)

Luke, avoid induction til at least 41 wks and make sure her body is ready first. I am nurse midwife, and there are lots of things that should be done to assure fetal well being without jumping into an induction and increasing the risk of c section.
HAHA No baby yet! The due date is today so we go to the doc and if nothing by Thursday they'll schedule an induction.

Mega busy weekend! It sure is tough trying to keep eveyone happy around the house and having to be extra nice guy on top of that..:lau I don't think there's a big enough box of beer for that!

DoubleA: I told the lady about the partridge cochin but haven't heard back from her? I guess when you try and help people out this is how they do ya?!?!

Happy Monday everyone!

Mega busy weekend! It sure is tough trying to keep eveyone happy around the house and having to be extra nice guy on top of that..
lau.gif
I don't think there's a big enough box of beer for that!

Happy Monday everyone!
Not suprised about the lady, people call all the time and tell me there coming to buy chicks. Then never show, call a few weeks later like nothing happened wanting to come get them. Im like whatever, com-on. She will probably be back, I guess stuff just happens and some people these days are just not curtious to let you know whats going on. Good luck with that baby, Im sure your nervous. Just enjoy and take it all in. It will be over as quick and one day they are 13 and starting puberty. lol

Back
Top Bottom