North Carolina

4 bantam Cockerels for sale, 8 miles west of Morganton, NC. Hatched July 7. They are large Bantams from my mixed and Tricolored pets. These boys have not been messed with and are wild. From past experience these boys will make good Roosters for a flock and take great care of their hens. I have never had one become aggressive here or another home. Most will be 3-3.5 pounds at full size. The B&W one may be a little larger once full grown, but no more then 4lbs. The father of all 4 is a Tricolored Cock.

The first(upper left) will be a beautiful tricolored from a tricolored hen. The second will be mostly Black and white, but has developed some red/dark buff as he has grown. The 3rd(lower left) will be Black and white from a B&W hen. His color will be almost exact to the Exchequer leghorns, just not the same body shape/size. The 4th is from a black hen with some small white mottling. He is turning out to be an interesting coloration. He is slightly smaller then they other 3, but that may just be because he is more timid.

$5 each or best offer for feed $$$

Hi Everyone! It seems like I have such a hard time finding the time/desire to touch a keyboard after a long day at work. Matt, your boys are beautiful. If I had bantams I would be tempted, unfortunately I have too many roos here!

RF, sorry about your van!

Love the chick pictures!

To all of those with military folks in their lives, thank you for the sacrifice that comes with loving a military person. Best wishes that they return safely.

*sigh* Lost a blue andalusian a bit ago. No idea why.

The day before yesterday, a few stayed in the trees overnight. On the ground getting plucked by the dogs was one of my silver lakenvelders. We thought she was dead. She is inside revovering. Took her out for a bit this afternoon and she didn't move much; had a hard time jumping up into the coop. I don't see any puncture wounds, but she may well have something internal going on. Eating and drinking some. Very happy to come back inside.

The only other girl I saw outside with her was a blue andi. I have no idea if this was the one that died today or not.

I spent hours outside with them today. Everyone seemed fine; totally normal. As everyone was heading to bed, I was making my rounds. Right over where they all hang out by the pine trees and grain silos (which is right behind the coop), I saw her. She looked like she was just sitting normally on the ground. It wasn't until I got to her that I noticed she was dead. Literally just sitting there.

I flippes her over and there was poo. Her vent seemed like there was a film over it?I did not do a necropsy; we had to get her buried before we lost light.

I will paste pictures below; there is some kind of hematoma there.

What is most likely to have happened, do you think- internal injuries from the dog chase that we didn't see, internal laying (no idea if she laid yet, as they just got to POL a week or two ago), or something random (stress?) ? Her weight was very good; very healthy to this point.

Pictures below on edit so I don't lose it.

Last edited:
Here I thought I was getting better from the kids haven gotten me sick. Now my neck feels swollen and is sore. And to top off feeling worse than yesterday, I was using my wagon and let the handle fall to the ground and ended up hitting my foot! For some reason I do this stunt far too often, normally I just go on my way after saying a few choice words under my breath. Well this time it hit right on the injured part of my foot. :mad:  Needless to say the few houses nearby heard me this time.

BOOOOO! :(

Looks like it could have been an egg that broke inside her, dont know for sure as I have never delt with that.

Totally smelled like poo. I guess I figured an internal layer would have a sign- panting, hunched, away from the flock- something besides acting totally normal. I am bummed.

Lulu hurts if she moves. Last time the dog got a chicken, there were no punture marks. She's not trying to do anything but play with them, but enough. For a border collie who can open doors, I expected more. The two dogs are a bad combo- by themselves, they pretty much leave them all alone. She's just now a year old, and I really don't want to rehome her. I'm frustrated.

I wonder if she got pawed, egg broke inside and it just took a bit. Poor baby.

Hi everyone!

I live in Mooresville NC and need to find a home for my 4 Month old white silkie rooster. He is sweet and seems not to crow except in the morning. This may or may not change, I guess. I live in the city limits and I am not supposed to have roosters. I am nervous to put an add on criaglist due to the fact that he could end up in a pot. Surly there must be other options for roosters than ending up as stew. I have no pics at this time, but I can text you some pics if interested. My email is [email protected] and my cell is 704-907-1904. Thanks so much! Cristen

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Can you believe it is November already.....just two months
left in the year...........it sure did go by quick!!!
I need to pull out the grain bags of the lights for Christmas
and make sure they all light up and look good.......then
decide which ones are going where......it will take a week
or few to get it done......it frustrates some family members
that help me but folks who drive by like the lights.
tongue2.gif

hope everyone has a good day
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom