North Carolina

Hi to all... I eat some, give some away at work. Everyone loves them. Had Cowboy Kiesh(not sure of the spelling) for supper tonight. Thank you to each and every one of my chickens! I love my chickens! My wife says that I spoil them. Well Duh!!!!!

Hi NC folks! I'm a newbie to this group and looking for recommendations in buying feed. I'm in cleveland county and so far having trouble locating a store that sells organic feed. Any tips on locations? I'm within an hour to Asheville or Charlotte. Thanks!

Hi NC folks! I'm a newbie to this group and looking for recommendations in buying feed. I'm in cleveland county and so far having trouble locating a store that sells organic feed. Any tips on locations? I'm within an hour to Asheville or Charlotte. Thanks!
just wanted to say hi, and welcome, I'm not in your are a do I can't help you but....have you tried making your own feed? A friend of mine a organic chicken feed block resapie on pintrest. I wish I had the link... But I don't.:( I bet you could Google homemade organic chicken feed and find something! Good luck!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's getting a bit busy around here. Getting ready for a chicken show,
need to trap nest the POLs to determine egg color each is laying,
get the garden area ready and maybe plant some cold crops. Has
anyone else planted yet for this spring? What did you put in?
pop.gif

hope everyone good day
jumpy.gif

Hi, I am in Cleveland County as well. I live in Lawndale (Belwood)... I get all my feed at Elmore's Feed and Seed... It is right down the road from my house. If you let me know where you are I may be able to help you.

Hi, I am in Cleveland County as well. I live in Lawndale (Belwood)... I get all my feed at Elmore's Feed and Seed... It is right down the road from my house. If you let me know where you are I may be able to help you.

We are close to Fallston but I was told they didn't have organic feed. I might just drive by and check! Great to find someone so close! !

I have not located organic feed anywhere, either. I gave up. The best I could find was to order it, and the shipping was prohibitive.

CSB...we planted 75 plants on Sunday and Monday! Two new cherry trees and another persimmon, starts of lettuce, spinach, kale, cabbage and broccoli, sweet basil, spider lilies, and lots of transplanted blackberries. This weekend the blueberries, raspberries and gooseberries go in...hopefully where the dogs can't pee on them this time. They killed all my raspberries last year! Still have lots more garden to plant, but it'll have to go in stages. Need those potatoes in; it's very late for them. Same with the peas. Don't know if either of them will do much, but we will see.

The pullets are laying pretty well now. More kick in every day. When they are all laying I'll be overrun with eggs! Yay!

Putting about five dozen eggs in the incubator every week. More Welsummers, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Easter Eggers and Olive Eggers. Will be able to pick up my Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas in a couple weeks, too! Lots of chicks! And it won't be long before the quail start laying.

I need to build new quail cages. And I have to refloor the rabbit cages, and build one more doe cage. The cages are around ten years old now, and the floors are starting to break down and sag. We'll be butchering this weekend. Once I get a free cage, I'll start fixing and rotating them. I guess I need to pick up some wire tomorrow!

Spring is springing! I love the summer!

Southern Belle, There is a store in Moorsevilleand Charlotte that sell's Reedy Fork Farm's organic feed. Four Dogs Pet Supplies 2630 N. Davidson Street Charlotte, North Carolina , 28205, 980.298.6046, The Feed Bucket - 325 W. Statesville Avenue Mooresville, NC, 28115 704-664-2337, there's several locations that sells it. It's some of the best I've found and the chickens do really well on it. I've seen a huge difference in their eggs and feathers since starting it.

Is there anyone on here that sells Welsummer and Olive eggers? I'm looking for different colors for my egg basket. :) I haven't had any luck with olive eggers. Needing pullets no more roosters for me, I have 2 already. lol I love this thread nice to see lots of others in NC that have chickens. I'm in Kannapolis NC.

Back
Top Bottom