North Carolina

Ohhhh...so sorry to hear :( Was this that hens first time sitting a clutch? Why do you think she abandoned them? How far along were they?
I’m free most any day except Saturday - so PM me when ur free and we’ll get together!
Yes, it was her first time. I think I just waited too long to give her a clutch and so she thought they were not developing. I’m not sure how far along they were because, I made a dumb mistake and didn’t write down when I set them. I will!

View attachment 1181543 View attachment 1181544 I’m raising a heritage breed, Auburn Javas. Just hatched my first last April and the pullets just started laying this week.
I also got 3 Silkie chicks in May. Plan on using them as broody mommas this spring or May bring inside in December or January to set for earlier spring hatch.
They are beautiful! Congrats on the new layers. Good idea about using the silkies as Broodies. I wish I had enough coop room to hatch chicks a lot.

I’d like to get 4-8 mature white egg hens to flesh out the girl side of my flock. White because my heritage chickens are brown egg layers and I won’t have to worry about who’s pure Java and who’s not when selecting for incubation.
I don’t have any whit egg layers :hmm only brown and blue. I want to get some one day though.

Welcome! There are a bunch of NCers's here.
smile.png

We're in Wake County, how about you?
Same!!!

Back
Top Bottom