North Carolina

My hope is to meet them (i know not at their farm, but avoid shipping) I truly wouldn't mind even a 3-4 hour drive to any smaller hatchery to pick up my chicks and avoid the drive all together.

Also if there is anyone that breeds Wheaton Ameraucana Chickens in NC I would love to talk with you. It's a breed I am very interested in.
I got 6 Dwarf Orlask Bantams from her plus she added in 2 extras. I was going to the farm to pick up but she was going to Wake Forest so we meet her there
My chicks were healthy and absolutely adorable. Great chicks and great customer service.
Here are my babies.
20190310_144723.jpg
20190310_144723.jpg

Three down, seven to go...

I will be moving in a month or two, and will have no place to keep my curent batch of hens, even if I could have more than four. So I need to rehome the ones I have. I was able to give away 3 today: Glinda (BA), Smokey and Strawberry Shortcake (both EEs). I still need to re-home the rest.

I don't want to risk shipping them, so anyone interested has to be within a couple hour's driving distance; I'm willing to transport. My current location is Blackstock, SC. You can click on the geo location in my sidebar for the Google map.

Ol' Red is a 4-5yo RIR, Nut a 3 year old Cuckoo Marans, the rest are all Easter Eggers ranging from 2-3 years. All are still laying (even Red!) and healthy. Personalities range from squatting at my feet when I enter the pen to not letting you get within 3 feet. None are aggressive. There is no charge, and the remainder of their feed and treats are also available if you take all seven. All I ask is they have a good home.

Please contact me by PM if interested.
Hey FlyWheel, I know this is from a month ago but thought I'd check in to see if you still needed a home for all seven? We currently have three hens and a roo. We are only interested in rescuing/providing good homes for birds and take care of them even when no longer laying. Happy to proivde more info if they're still available. Thanks! Heather

So thankful for BYC! There is even a State thread! We are new to keeping birds and new to NC as of last may (Burgaw). We have been so blessed this past year - our house wasn't destroyed by Florence (most of my community was) and we are now keeping chickens, ducks and geese that have found us as a result of the flood.

The ducks and geese relocated to our pond after the flood and I really wanted to get them back to our neighbor, but we cant collect them as they are pretty skitish. When they started laying in Feb, I figured what better way to get her ducks and geese back.

We got an incubator and started reading, learning and collecting eggs! We had such high hopes for our first batch of Runners, but only 1 survived :(. He hatched yesterday and is doing well (although the hatch was BRUTAL - see Duckling in trouble?). He has no siblings to grow with.

Does anyone nearby (SE NC) happen to have baby ducklings they are willing to part with/sell? Tractor Supply had chicks and ducklings a few weeks ago, but the ducklings quickly sold out. Any advice is appreciated!

So thankful for BYC! There is even a State thread! We are new to keeping birds and new to NC as of last may (Burgaw). We have been so blessed this past year - our house wasn't destroyed by Florence (most of my community was) and we are now keeping chickens, ducks and geese that have found us as a result of the flood.

The ducks and geese relocated to our pond after the flood and I really wanted to get them back to our neighbor, but we cant collect them as they are pretty skitish. When they started laying in Feb, I figured what better way to get her ducks and geese back.

We got an incubator and started reading, learning and collecting eggs! We had such high hopes for our first batch of Runners, but only 1 survived :(. He hatched yesterday and is doing well (although the hatch was BRUTAL - see Duckling in trouble?). He has no siblings to grow with.

Does anyone nearby (SE NC) happen to have baby ducklings they are willing to part with/sell? Tractor Supply had chicks and ducklings a few weeks ago, but the ducklings quickly sold out. Any advice is appreciated!

Great news! Tractor supply did have some new ducklings, they were just in the back. So Flips has some friends to grow with now!

I have a Buckeye roo in Franklin County, NC who turns a year old on May 30th, and needs rehoming. He needs somewhere that he can crow freely; I have a collar for him but he can't adjust to it and will pull out all the feathers on his neck until he has a raw spot to get it off. He does not like children but is alright with adults. The Buckeye breed was endangered until recently and as of 2014 were listed as threatened. He is an excellent breeder if you want to help the Buckeyes come back. I hand raised him but can no longer keep him; I also really don't want him culled. :( Thank you for reading.

Back
Top Bottom