North Carolina

Does anyone have any blue cochins available? Or really any standard pullets/hens that are "blue"?

I have two blue pullets for sale right now. Hatched March 8th so almost to Point-of-Lay.

Blue Australorp and Blue Australorp cross.

I need to update this ad with new photos and information. Once they got old enough for their combs to really develop one turned out to have a rose comb: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2-blue-australorp-pullets-in-central-nc.1530836/

Isabel / Isabella (lavender wheaten) Ameraucana Chicks in Western NC​

3 chicks available. Blue egg layers. Hatched 7/9 - eggs from npip / ai clean farm.

$20 each or all 3 for $50.

Located near Asheville (Marshall, NC)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657764578330.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657764578330.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1657764588994.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657764588994.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1657764599364.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657764599364.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1
Hello everyone! First time poster from Johnston county :) I’m looking to rehome 2 bantam RIR cockerels. They are nearly 3 months old, very sweet and get along well with each other and the flock. I will hate to see them go, but we don’t have enough girls for them and won’t in the near future. I’m also new to raising chickens and would like to focus on our hens since it’s only our first year. Willing to travel if it means they’ll find a good home.

Hello everyone! First time poster from Johnston county :) I’m looking to rehome 2 bantam RIR cockerels. They are nearly 3 months old, very sweet and get along well with each other and the flock. I will hate to see them go, but we don’t have enough girls for them and won’t in the near future. I’m also new to raising chickens and would like to focus on our hens since it’s only our first year. Willing to travel if it means they’ll find a good home.

Welcome to BYC.

Doing hens only your first year is a good idea.

I've had luck with selling cockerels on Craigslist -- though it helps if you have unusual breeds for that. If you don't mind someone else eating them even if you don't want to it's easier to give them away for free.

Hey y'all,

I'm in Onslow county and I'm wondering if anyone is keeping Khaki Campbell ducks? I had a bad hatch (shipped eggs, egg Turner quit, and power outage). Still managed a single peachick and three khaki Campbell ducklings. One duckling was failure to thrive and I'm down to two. 😭
I'm trying to see if I can find a source more local to me to see if I can pick up ducklings or do another hatch. I'm not about tractor supply and their "assorted batch" of ducklings. Cute as they are I am not going to guess whether I'm getting mallards, Peking or something else. Lol I don't want Peking's.

If anyone has a KC duck source that they could share with me I would greatly appreciate it.

(Picture is from hatch day, notice the feet are still flattening out. Coolest experience to see when I'm used to chicks.)
20220623_105701.jpg

Hey y'all,

I'm in Onslow county and I'm wondering if anyone is keeping Khaki Campbell ducks? I had a bad hatch (shipped eggs, egg Turner quit, and power outage). Still managed a single peachick and three khaki Campbell ducklings. One duckling was failure to thrive and I'm down to two. 😭
I'm trying to see if I can find a source more local to me to see if I can pick up ducklings or do another hatch. I'm not about tractor supply and their "assorted batch" of ducklings. Cute as they are I am not going to guess whether I'm getting mallards, Peking or something else. Lol I don't want Peking's.

If anyone has a KC duck source that they could share with me I would greatly appreciate it.

(Picture is from hatch day, notice the feet are still flattening out. Coolest experience to see when I'm used to chicks.)
View attachment 3186624

Just wanted to say hi and that you're just a hop and a skip down the road from me. Your ducklings are so cute.

Last edited:
I ended up finding blue cochins even though I did have to take a rooster. Now i'm looking for silkie hens/pullets. I'm not interested in a pair as I already have an overload of roosters. If anyone knows anyone that has a pullet or hen I am interested!

Hi everyone, I'm ISO a vaccinated, Blue Egg laying, older pullet.

Perfect chicken would be an Ameraucana who is already laying and vaccinated.

Located in Clayton NC.

Back
Top Bottom