North Carolina

Quote:
Not top secret per say...
wink.png

Here are a couple of pictures of some older juvi's that are growing out, I believe there are 7 or 8 all together, would have to take a head count.
hu.gif
tongue.png

A couple of pullets and a split cockerel
49849_dsc05239.jpg

couple more choc pullets
49849_dsc05238.jpg

We just bought our first chickens a week ago.

We are in Saluda NC, the corner of Hendersonville NC.

Would love to chat with other chickeners :)

While we are new to chickens we have raised German Shepherds for 19 yrs

Melisa

WOW... that is a nice set up birdcollector! Darn bees, they are eating my work bench up, my chickens & ducks are eating them.
smile.png

SCM.. nope, I do not need showgirls................

HT...
thumbsup.gif
looks good. Now what is jubilee?? Is that like the Mille Fluer cohins color ?

welcome-byc.gif
K9Pines & bobwhitebreeder007

We all love to talk chickens here
frow.gif

OOO and you are not going to believe this..... 1 of my splash silkies has a STRAIGHT comb. What in the world is going on here !!!

Had him sitting on my lap, and parted his puff and there it is.
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif

I suppose I will have to be VERY picky on where I get my eggs or birds from now on.

Quote:
Yeah, some people call it jubilee as that's what it's called in the UK and they have the mahogany tone. Mille's in orps don't seem to have as much white as the cochins do. Mine are note expressing yet that way, they are gold/black with a hint of cream, mahog/black with a hint of cream. When bred to buff they developed into black tailed buffs but obviously carry the gene, hence my buff mottled pullet that just popped up.
big_smile.png
My other hens are solid black but there offspring pullets are black and now expressing a gorgeous gold in the hackles and what looks to be lacing starting. For me this project is just getting better and better.
wink.png

Not a great pic but here are some of them from the project, there mille is all on their chest
49849_dsc05242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom