North Carolina

What size piece of bread did you use. Mine love bread. This might be the way I will do it also. I have two syringes. I am only doing the six that are in the pen I saw them in. Think I will do everybody this winter.
I have large fowl, not bantams, so a little bigger than a pea I guess. It took a little while for the valbazen to soak in. Just watch out for the greedy ones ;)

Hi everyone!
I have like 200 postings from the past week I have to go back and read, guess I missed a lot.
Hope you all are doing good.
It was SO HOT today, supposed to be hotter tomorrow, I didn't even want to go outside! Guess I got spoiled with how cool the spring was.
The temperature on my incubator seems to be going a little crazy, I think it's from the motor on the egg turner I didn't use one last time. Fingers crossed I get a decent hatch!
fingers crossed!!!! When is your hatch date?

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Hope all goes well on your trip Hollow and
you get good news for you and your dad
fl.gif

So sorry NH about the duck........maybe she will be ready next spring
hu.gif

Congrats Moores6.....they are cuties
love.gif

Thanks rbaker for the info
wink.png

I am enjoying the days of freedom........planning on a big day
on Friday and Saturday. I read about a HUGE yard sale that is
held on Hwy 301 that starts in Benson and goes for 30 miles up
the road. It is held every year......how did I not know about this?????
th.gif

hope everyone has a good day
thumbsup.gif
We are doing the 301 yard sale this weekend, too.
celebrate.gif

If you start yard saleing in Benson... you will pass right by the road we live on... between Benson & Four Oaks.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
We are doing the 301 yard sale this weekend, too.
celebrate.gif

If you start yard saleing in Benson... you will pass right by the road we live on... between Benson & Four Oaks.
big_smile.png
How awesome is that......to be SO close. Maybe we will get
to see you along the way and say hey. Are you going to be
selling or browsing? From the pics you post your place looks great!!!!
love.gif

So does anyone know about the worms passing through into eggs after de-worming the chickens? Is the 2 week withdrawal time to avoid worms or to avoid the chemicals coming through the eggs???

So does anyone know about the worms passing through into eggs after de-worming the chickens? Is the 2 week withdrawal time to avoid worms or to avoid the chemicals coming through the eggs???

It is to avoid the chemicals. The tracts are seperate till the vent. If it were possible with dead worms then there would be a constant chance of poop getting into eggs as well.

Egg with worm scenario: If a bird is heavy infested a live worm can crawl into the cloaca and into the egg/reproductive tract. This would allow a worm to get into an egg at the beginning of the building process. This is extremely rare and only in birds that are extremely heavily infested and the worms would have to be alive.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom