North Carolina

Respiratory issues are very common when dealing with fowl pox. Amoxicillin in 250 mg capsule form(fish-mox) works fairly well when dealing with the secondary issues. There is no cure for the Pox.

If it is wet pox or a severe strain of dry pox I would recommend vaccinated the entire flock. The vaccine is called Poxine and is available online or at a decent feed/livestock store.

Matt

Moomoo, I should add that those folks oved there are very aggresively treating. I might go that route if it was wet and I thought there were going to be serious issues. I monitored, but if it's dry, I personally would leave well enough alone until there's a problem. Ripping off sores and opening that area to possible infection or picking just wasn't worth it. My biggest issue was the massively swollen wattles, that went down after the initial flare.

I should add, too, that while mine are cooped at night (separate areas for bantams, lfs, and guineas), they free range all the rest of the time. I thought if anyone else was going to get it, it would more likely be one of the bantams.

I have one silly spoiled chicken :lau but she is special so I let it slide :D.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

it seems that the show season is here
for those who do that sort of thing........good luck

I don't show but I have gone to see the Smithfield
show last year......it was interesting and I hope to go
see it again this year but it falls in a busy time of year
so I'm not sure I will get there.........those were some
gorgeous birds and those folks work hard to get those
birds ready but I never knew they used hairspray and/or
show sheen on them before I went......why use this stuff
if the bird is suppose to have this shine naturally?
hu.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Hollow, thanks for asking CSB about the show date. I was thinking the same thing! I haven't been to a show yet but that one is so close it would be a shame not to go.

Good morning everyone!

Back
Top Bottom