North Carolina

I use pine shavings as well! The BEST pine shavings in my opinion are from a company out of NC, the shavings called Beaver Bag shavings, or something like that. They are in a white bag with purple lettering. They are nice BIG, thick shavings that really hold up to all the scratching and pecking, without breaking down into sawdust. I love them! Is anybody familiar with these shavings?

again if anyone knows someone selling started pullets or hens in my area can you please let me know
bow.gif
idunno.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
I buy my pullets from Jody, (bunnymomma) on this site. She is in Olin NC. She has Pullets available now. I just picked up a Dominique and a LF Cochin from her. I always get my birds from her, and been very happy. I am new to the whole chicken thing and she is so sweet and has, always been available to help me if I have any Questions. You can see some of her birds on the website Hens and Friends as well.

Leghorns do fine. They can be a bit flighty and wild, depending on how they were raised. If you need to keep them in the lot I would suggest either topping it or keeping the primary feathers on one wing of each bird clipped.

Matt

Love the floor idea and like using the shavings also. I'll still be using shavings because I'll still be using some of the smaller coops. If I get this coop, it will be for the 9 Silkie/ Silkie-Cochin mix. Wish I could use it for everybody and open all three pens for a nice long run but I just can't see everybody living in harmony.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I hate how manufacturers will not make their wares with the
lasting quality they use too use. It seems I am stuck with the truck
for a few days as my van needs some loving attention from DH.
The dang thing is only 8 years old and is starting the nickel and
dime routine.......this little part.....that little part......you know. This
time it's a brake light switch and maybe the thermostat. I love my
van and hate being without it but I'm not happy it has started this
game and it's only 8 years old.
tongue.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom