North Carolina

again if anyone knows someone selling started pullets or hens in my area can you please let me know
bow.gif
idunno.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif

again if anyone knows someone selling started pullets or hens in my area can you please let me know
bow.gif
idunno.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
It may be just a tad early for sales on pullets.
I know I am waiting for a month or so until they are laying
well before I sort them out for sale but I am not in your
area. If you are in the west side of the state try going to
Chicken Stock when they have it.......I hear there are lots
of sellers there with nice birds. Ask Matt if he knows when
the next one is going to be held. Good luck.

Love all this info on the eggs. I didn't realized they were supposed to be refridgerated. Some that I've bought were, others weren't. I never put mine in the fridge, they're always gone within a week anyway and I like how pretty they look sitting out
smile.png

RF- didn't realize DH was away, glad he's home & you have your family back together!

Question-- Is there a reason my turkeys have become insanely loud (and annoying me endlessly) Seemed early for mating season since it's winter. And it's not like he's tried to get up on her that I've seen. But ALL DAY LONG this girl barks and barks & it gets the tom all riled up and he struts around gobbling. I didn't think turkeys were this loud!!! Also, I think she's about 8 months old or so, when should I expect an egg from a turkey (she's a royal palm). Thanks!

Turkeys are seasonal layers. Some have started to lay, others haven't. But my pheasants (who are even more seasonal layers than my turkeys) have started the mating calls and struts. So yours could be getting ready to lay.

Roger(shook poultry) had a bunch of POL pullets that sold last weekend. He may still have some white leghorns, but not sure. Get the number off his site and call.

I think his next expected batch of POL pullets is in May and are Gold Comets. You can't beat $7 each. You sure can't raise them for that price. I would highly recommend roger's birds. The only thing I don't like is that the POL pullets are debeaked. It is the 1/3 debeak. Not the 1/2 or 2/3 you see in production egg layers that are stuck in cages. 1/3 debeaked birds can live a fairly normal life, but I still don't like it. That is just my opinion and preference.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom