North Carolina

What preventative do you use

-Apple cider vinegar in the water (1 ounce per gallon),
-fresh minced garlic, free choice, or top their food with it. No it doesn't make the eggs taste garlicky. I think they would have to eat a LOT of it to get to that point.
-cayenne pepper powder (mixed into the food, a teaspoon for my 20 chickens in a day's worth if their food),
-Neem seed oil or neem leaf powder , also mixed into the food. About a tablespoon of either in a day's worth of food for 20 birds.
-Raw, hulled pumpkin seeds. (Or an entire pumpkin), as many as they want, I leave it up to them. :)

I usually alternate the methods and it works well enough that I have only had to worm one of my chickens in the past couple of years because I suspected she might have gapeworm. I still don't know if that was it since she suffered head trauma around the same time I noticed her symptoms, but either way the problem was resolved in a few days. :)

I mentioned a few pages back that I had quite a few extra Black English Orp cockerels for sale. Here they are. Make me an offer and come get them. Trade is welcome, too. Can always use feed and hay.

I have some baby chicks for sale. Here is some more info on them. They have been raised in the house. I have personally interacted with them on a daily basis. They would make GREAT pets to live outside or inside. Please send me a Private message if you are interested or need additional info. They are Ameraucana/Orpington mixes. They are super cute, and they would love to go home with you. I am keeping a couple for myself. They are so cute. These are $5.00 each.
I like to call them Ameringtons, since they are Ameraucana/Orpington mixes. Once grown, these little sweeties will become beautiful hens and handsome roosters.

Last edited:
I have some baby chicks for sale. Here is some more info on them. They have been raised in the house. I have personally interacted with them on a daily basis. They would make GREAT pets to live outside or inside. Please send me a Private message if you are interested or need additional info. They are Ameraucana/Orpington mixes. They are super cute, and they would love to go home with you. I am keeping a couple for myself. They are so cute. These are $5.00 each.
I like to call them Ameringtons, since they are Ameraucana/Orpington mixes. Once grown, these little sweeties will become beautiful hens and handsome roosters.
Cool! What colors of Ameraucanas and Orps did you use to make the EEs? (I wouldn't mind some blue wheaten EEs!...if you are NPIP)

I finally got 2 eggs today. I think they came from two of my salmon faverolles. I have a pen with 4 faverolles, 1 wheaten ameracauna, and an older buff orpington hen. The buff stopped laying a few months ago because she's molting. She lay huge eggs and these were medium sized (they're big for a pullet egg through). So i'm guessing faverolles eggs

Does anyone here have any experience with Red or Black stars? Or Golden comets? I've heard a ton of how they are extremely great layers. I currently have one black star pullet that we rescued from the feed mill with splay leg when she was a chick. I'm curious and excited to see how she will lay.

Back
Top Bottom