North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

The cooler temps are making the birds happier and
I'm liking it too when I'm out doing this in the yard.
It does make pool exercises a bit chilly though. The
grass is growing again which means the mower needs
to exercise me again....fun...fun...fun
tongue2.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

I have some 11 week old cockerels-- 2 Anconas (1 already starting to crow) and a Silver Spangled Hamburg.
Too pretty and too small a breed to eat, I'd rather them go to someone on here if anyone is interested.
Free, I just can't go far to meet, I'm thinking Raeford Rd TSC?
If anyone wants them just let me know...

Hi guys!
I've got 100 baby barred pullets. Just received them today! If anyone wants/needs or must have some let me know. I'm in the Wingate/Monroe area.
Thanks

Red Star: RIR X Delware. RIR X White Leghorn. RIR X Rhode Island White. Production Red X Deleware
Black Star: New Hampshire Red X Barred Rock. Rhode Island Red X Barred Rock

These hybrids are all based off of RIR or New Hampshire too. These hybrids are suppose to be excellent for eggs and are able to be sexed right after hatching. Well, welsummers are pretty similar to RIRs when it comes to body type and egg laying capabilities.

Completely THEORETICALLY
big_smile.png
could you also make these crosses with a Welsummer Roo instead of a RIR roo and keep the high egg productivity and possible have the eggs come out the terra cotta brown welsummers are known for? I know it will most likely screw up the autosexing at hatch, but I'd be able to deal with that
tongue.png

I'm asking because out of our Welsummer chicks we have two cockerels and we happen to have a Delaware hen in our flock :)

We love our Welsummer eggs and are keeping every single one of our precious little welsummers, but I've been doing research into Red and Black Stars and are considering getting some. But if we could make stars with Welsummer egg colors that would be something that would make my mom quite happy.

Curiosity is going to kill me one day.
frow.gif
Or I'm just going to find myself living alone with hundreds of chickens
lau.gif

And my little goats, can't live without those little buggers :)

Red Star: RIR X Delware. RIR X White Leghorn. RIR X Rhode Island White. Production Red X Deleware
Black Star: New Hampshire Red X Barred Rock. Rhode Island Red X Barred Rock

These hybrids are all based off of RIR or New Hampshire too. These hybrids are suppose to be excellent for eggs and are able to be sexed right after hatching. Well, welsummers are pretty similar to RIRs when it comes to body type and egg laying capabilities.

Completely THEORETICALLY
big_smile.png
could you also make these crosses with a Welsummer Roo instead of a RIR roo and keep the high egg productivity and possible have the eggs come out the terra cotta brown welsummers are known for? I know it will most likely screw up the autosexing at hatch, but I'd be able to deal with that
tongue.png

I'm asking because out of our Welsummer chicks we have two cockerels and we happen to have a Delaware hen in our flock :)

We love our Welsummer eggs and are keeping every single one of our precious little welsummers, but I've been doing research into Red and Black Stars and are considering getting some. But if we could make stars with Welsummer egg colors that would be something that would make my mom quite happy.

Curiosity is going to kill me one day.
frow.gif
Or I'm just going to find myself living alone with hundreds of chickens
lau.gif

And my little goats, can't live without those little buggers :)
You have a rooster and a hen so hatch some and see what you get.........
besides more chickens
lau.gif

I'm willing to bet some will lay what you want and some won't.....luck of the draw.

Back
Top Bottom