North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's a brisk morning........one that will slam your eyes open and make
you want to crawl back into that warm bed. Just be careful with the
chores everyone and scraping any windshields.
ep.gif

anjovi.....I got one of those back in 2001 and while I see lots of folks
have this done I would advise you to check out the doctor completely
first. Make sure they have had many good results with these and be
sure to do ALL the therapy afterwards. Good luck and I'm sure you
will do well with that new knee.
clap.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

I don't light my birds over winter, thus unless it's a pullet that starts to lay before winter sets in, I get no eggs over winter. The pullets tend to lay enough for us over winter while the other ladies take a break. Works out good for us as I have had hens still laying at 10 yrs old, though not a lot of eggs.

Have a good day everyone.

I don't light my birds over winter, thus unless it's a pullet that starts to lay before winter sets in, I get no eggs over winter. The pullets tend to lay enough for us over winter while the other ladies take a break. Works out good for us as I have had hens still laying at 10 yrs old, though not a lot of eggs.

Have a good day everyone.

Well I was considering lights, but as I am a midwife, I prefer natural processes! And we have no power to the coops. The original girls were pullets last year who started laying august 2013 and took small break with a molt around October for a month. Now I've doubled the flock...and no eggs! My hubby is threatening them with becoming Thanksgiving dinner. Of course he won't, BC these are my 9 pets. Anyone have feed or treat suggestions that could get then maybe laying or just a nice dose of patience for me?

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's a brisk morning........one that will slam your eyes open and make
you want to crawl back into that warm bed. Just be careful with the
chores everyone and scraping any windshields.
ep.gif

anjovi.....I got one of those back in 2001 and while I see lots of folks
have this done I would advise you to check out the doctor completely
first. Make sure they have had many good results with these and be
sure to do ALL the therapy afterwards. Good luck and I'm sure you
will do well with that new knee.
clap.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif
Thanks, my doctor is one of the best. I was lucky to even get him for the procedure. With my wife being a slave driver I won't have a problem with the therapy. She will make sure I do it.

With this weather I was thinking about asking the doc if he could install a heater in there with it.
smile.png

Thanks, my doctor is one of the best. I was lucky to even get him for the procedure. With my wife being a slave driver I won't have a problem with the therapy. She will make sure I do it.

With this weather I was thinking about asking the doc if he could install a heater in there with it.
smile.png
Hahahaha......you would think with it all being
under the skin, muscle and all that it would not
get cold but I swear it does or at least feels
colder to me. I find myself using a small lap
cover over that knee in cold weather.

Serama chicken flock with brand new pen and house for sale. Flock includes a couple roosters and several hens to include rare colors like chocolates, Laced and Cocoa Pop and a silkie as well. This is a flock of miniature chickens and I will not split them up must purchase the entire package to include food and water containers. I will also include a heat lamp for the winter and all the remaining food for them at pick up. Also Flock of 20 + pure bred Amauracanas. NOT easter eggers and NOT split to any other color. Will throw 100% Pure Lavender chicks every time! All Laying age. Some from last year some from this year. 1/3 of the flock are roosters and 2/3rds of the flock are hens. I WILL NOT SPLIT THEM UP! must buy the entire flock! All hatched and raised here. Wormed and healthy. Lay regularly. I sell hatching eggs on Ebay for 8 eggs for $25 several times a year. Military and moving, must sell my chickens.
Hi! If you don't have luck selling the whole flock, I would be interested in a trio or quad of seramas. Whereabouts are you located? That alone could determine if some people are interested in your flock. :)

Wow, sounds like a lot of chickens are on strike right now! Most of mine aren't laying but I have two pullets that started a few weeks ago and 2 or 3 older ones laying every couple of days while everyone else is finishing up molting. If I can just stay at this number of eggs through winter I will be set. I too, don't use supplemental light in winter. But I do need to run electricity out there so I can put heaters in the water buckets.

Serama chicken flock with brand new pen and house for sale. Flock includes a couple roosters and several hens to include rare colors like chocolates, Laced and Cocoa Pop and a silkie as well. This is a flock of miniature chickens and I will not split them up must purchase the entire package to include food and water containers. I will also include a heat lamp for the winter and all the remaining food for them at pick up.

Also Flock of 20 + pure bred Amauracanas. NOT easter eggers and NOT split to any other color. Will throw 100% Pure Lavender chicks every time! All Laying age. Some from last year some from this year. 1/3 of the flock are roosters and 2/3rds of the flock are hens. I WILL NOT SPLIT THEM UP! must buy the entire flock! All hatched and raised here. Wormed and healthy. Lay regularly. I sell hatching eggs on Ebay for 8 eggs for $25 several times a year. Military and moving, must sell my chickens.

Serama chicken flock with brand new pen and house for sale. Flock includes a couple roosters and several hens to include rare colors like chocolates, Laced and Cocoa Pop and a silkie as well. This is a flock of miniature chickens and I will not split them up must purchase the entire package to include food and water containers. I will also include a heat lamp for the winter and all the remaining food for them at pick up.

Also Flock of 20 + pure bred Amauracanas. NOT easter eggers and NOT split to any other color. Will throw 100% Pure Lavender chicks every time! All Laying age. Some from last year some from this year. 1/3 of the flock are roosters and 2/3rds of the flock are hens. I WILL NOT SPLIT THEM UP! must buy the entire flock! All hatched and raised here. Wormed and healthy. Lay regularly. I sell hatching eggs on Ebay for 8 eggs for $25 several times a year. Military and moving, must sell my chickens.

You really have some beautiful birds and my heart hurts for you having to get rid of them all.. My son is military and he is retiring next year.....moving then so he will also have to rehome all of his ladies. He is going to try to find a place that will allow them but not very optimistic! I really have the perfect number for the size of coops/runs I have (and have pushed my dh's patience with my ladies). Where will you all be headed..(state....no specifics)?

Back
Top Bottom