North Carolina

Lol, crossables! I'll cross all my crossables for him!

So I just culled my sweet little EE hen :-( This was my first time doing it by myself and it was pretty awful. Hubs is out of town and I could not in good conscience let her suffer any longer. Now I'm just sitting here feeling pretty rotten. I know I did the "right" thing but that doesn't mean I wasn't hysterically crying as she flapped out. On the (morbidly) bright side, I think the technique I used has been the best so far. It still sucks though. I hate taking a life. Sigh.

Everything is crossed and if someone walked in the door
they would think I look like I need to pee
gig.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the good wishes for Joe. He's applied for a position removing wildlife from places they shouldn't be...and they've already told him they are happy he has venomoud snake experience (and his own equipment), as they don't currently have anyone on staff that can do that. That is a good sign. CSB...fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes...keep it all crossed until the interview is over!

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

I did not get a chance to swing by the Cedar Creek swap last Saturday
and I'm wondering what I missed looking at. I wouldn't have been buying
anything but I do like to go see what folks have for sale and the going
rate for things as well as chit-chat with folks there.....kinda like keeping
in touch with the chicken world in my area......maybe I can get by there
next month.
cool.png

hope everyone has a good day
D.gif

I decided to set some eggs a little earlier than I originally planned. I thought it would be fun to have some hatch on my birthday. With a little luck, I'll be hatching Easter eggers, olive eggers, blue laced red wyandottes, and a few eggs from my mixed breed bantams.

Just poking my head in to say Hello all! I see some new names on the thread, so welcome to the NC thread. Shout out to all the old faces, Coop Scoop, Hollow Oak, Matt, Rameirez, Howards and I know I didn't mention everyone (too many to say). All is well here and I hope all is well at your homes. Enjoying this newfound weather! Talk Later.

Just poking my head in to say Hello all! I see some new names on the thread, so welcome to the NC thread. Shout out to all the old faces, Coop Scoop, Hollow Oak, Matt, Rameirez, Howards and I know I didn't mention everyone (too many to say). All is well here and I hope all is well at your homes. Enjoying this newfound weather! Talk Later.
Nice to see you pop in, hope all is going well your way.

I managed to go all fall and winter without getting sick. Within the last two weeks I have been sick twice now.
th.gif

The first was a 48 hour thing with a pounding head and fall down dizziness. Now I have a stuffy/ runny nose and can't stop sneezing, and all as the Cape Fear Poultry show is about to happen. I hope I get over it soon or I might be dead in the water.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom