North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Welcome to the new members.....glad to meet you.

Sorry about the fox. They can be very hard to catch. Sure hope
it's a male. A vixen would have a litter by now.

Pretty bird Dutchbunny. Are you sure it's a cockerel? Hope you
get the garden finished.

Hope everyone has good hatches and gets the chicks they want.
jumpy.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Does anyone have cream legbar chicks or hatching eggs? Please pm me! Thanks!
If you find any, let me know!
I looked for like a year without any luck.
Bought some expensive eggs on ebay, only 2 hatched, and both were males.
This spring I ended up buying one from Meyer that added them, but they were $$$ from a hatchery ($35 plus $30 shipping on the order).
I just wanted her because I like how they look and I love blue eggs, not to breed or anything.

a fox has eaten 5 of my chicks so far! (felt sad and mostly angry) but ive been trying to catch him but no luck. well see what happens tonight!

Oh no I'm so sorry!
Do you have a trap set up?
I didn't think we had foxes over where I am, I've never seen one just oppossums, then a few weeks ago that kid got bit by a rabid fox at the elementary school down the road from my house.

I'm still holding out hope it could miraculously be a girl, but I don't this so. The feathering doesn't look like a cockerel to me, but there's a lot of red and a big comb for 10 weeks. Fingers crossed, it's the only baby I've hatched from one of my favorite hens. The Brahma pullet (though they grow slow) and the other female Easter Egger of the same age don't have any red on them at all yet.

I'm still holding out hope it could miraculously be a girl, but I don't this so. The feathering doesn't look like a cockerel to me, but there's a lot of red and a big comb for 10 weeks. Fingers crossed, it's the only baby I've hatched from one of my favorite hens. The Brahma pullet (though they grow slow) and the other female Easter Egger of the same age don't have any red on them at all yet.

Look also at the legs, are they stocky or slim for the body size?
Scott

I lost a hen last night. I froze her and plan to do a necropsy for the first time. If anyone has any good pictorial resources you can link me to, I'd appreciate it!

We've also had some coop drama. The younger of our two roosters ousted the other from the top of the pecking order. It was very sad indeed, the older rooster walking around like he lost his best friend (I guess he did??). So we had to take the younger rooster out since we aren't interested in any offspring from him (he is a backyard mix). These. Are the days. Of our lives.

If you find any, let me know!
I looked for like a year without any luck.
Bought some expensive eggs on ebay, only 2 hatched, and both were males.
This spring I ended up buying one from Meyer that added them, but they were $$$ from a hatchery ($35 plus $30 shipping on the order).
I just wanted her because I like how they look and I love blue eggs, not to breed or anything.

Fresh eggs from happy chickens (fb page) has some beautiful cream legbars... She is in NY. I'm hoping mine are on the way from her soon!!! But I don't want to count my chicke s just yet. She has GFF bloodlines.

Back
Top Bottom