some things done but also over heated again. That sure gets
annoying.
tongue.gif

Congrats McCaskill on the cute clutch.....and to everyone else
with new chicks.
clap.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

I have chicks too! I went on vacation in April and my farm sitter wasn't brave enough to take eggs away from broody hens, so I have 30 little feather foots on the ground, from 3 - 6 weeks old. They are all so adorable, I am going to hate finding them new homes, but I don't want to build another coop! :)

I have chicks too! I went on vacation in April and my farm sitter wasn't brave enough to take eggs away from broody hens, so I have 30 little feather foots on the ground, from 3 - 6 weeks old. They are all so adorable, I am going to hate finding them new homes, but I don't want to build another coop! :)

Cute silkie crosses.

They are definitely barnyard mix. I have a bantam cochin and a silkie rooster. A majority of my hens are bantam cochin, two large fowl cochin plus one silkie and a couple of sizzles. But they are adorable. My hens were brooded in the house, so having these 30 babies brooded and raised free ranging, is completely different and MUCH less messy!

If you are on Facebook, there's several livestock /goat groups that are full of breeders..some are great and some will try to sell you a Nubian as a pygmy..

Thank you! I ended up getting lucky and found a couple of 3 week old kids on Craigslist last week. We went and looked at them yesterday and put a deposit down on them and should be bringing them home in July!

Thank you! I ended up getting lucky and found a couple of 3 week old kids on Craigslist last week. We went and looked at them yesterday and put a deposit down on them and should be bringing them home in July!

Yay!! I tried goats, but they wouldn't stay in their fences and started getting into chicken food and if we left a door to the house open, our big one would run inside, jump on the couch and she'd turn into a mule and would not move until she left pellets for me..so I decided goats were not for me..mine were Boar/Saaneen crosses..

So the resperitory disease is slowly coming east. Im worried that we will get it. My friend in indiana said it moved there 2 weeks ago and now all poultry shows and swaps are canclled until 2016. Apparently is being spreaded from wild birds...and people who are trading chickens and eggs.
Im not bringing eggs here to hatch or new birds here just to be safe.... Just a heads up for everyone :)

Which respiratory disease is that? Like an avian flu or something? I'm kinda outta the loop on current happenings right now. Is there anything we should look out for? I'm still fairly new to chickens.

Back
Top Bottom