North Carolina

Hey duckdaddy1 - glad to see that Western NC is well represented here. I'm in Franklin with seven 6 week old Australorps - all still in my second bedroom until my coop is done. Can't wait to get them in there! lol

Hey duckdaddy1 - glad to see that Western NC is well represented here. I'm in Franklin with seven 6 week old Australorps - all still in my second bedroom until my coop is done. Can't wait to get them in there! lol
Hi duckdaddy, I am in Franklin too. Have you found the poultry club here yet? It is great. I do not go as often as I would like but have very much enjoyed it when I do. Good people.
As far as the virus they say the waterfowl will be the problem. Unfortunately I have a neighbor with a pond and wild mallards took up on it. They also go all over my yard and next to the fence for my chickens. I hate the messy boggers. They are beautiful but although they will not react to the virus are potential carriers. It scares me that my beautiful carefully built flock will be endangered this fall during migration. These ducks are year round resident s here. the owners of the property say they can not catch them.?????????????? I have a start of the Kathy in Mo stock of Delawares. Beautiful full breasted birds. Good for eating and mod. layers. I also have an older group of hens with one of each mentality. I love the varieties I have amased over the years.

my escapee chicken reappeared this weekend and look what she had in tow! 10 bitties!

while taking this picture I noticed that there was a small bird with its foot stuck in one of the bird houses that my neighbor has. I got closer and realized that it had made nesting material from twine and had its leg entangled. We were able to save it. then I noticed inside the box that there were several different types of dead birds. Has anyone ever seen this?

my escapee chicken reappeared this weekend and look what she had in tow! 10 bitties!

while taking this picture I noticed that there was a small bird with its foot stuck in one of the bird houses that my neighbor has. I got closer and realized that it had made nesting material from twine and had its leg entangled. We were able to save it. then I noticed inside the box that there were several different types of dead birds. Has anyone ever seen this?

I don't know but sanitize santize sanitize from contact with wild birds. They carry nasty stuff and can create a biosecurity risk. Wild birds are the carriers of AI especially during migratory seasons. I don't feed birds. I have no birdhouses or birdbaths any more.

I am a new member from western NC. I am also relatively new to having chickens. I presently have a new flock of RIR pullets. They are still in the house growing away. Is there anyone else here from Madison County?

Anybody here familiar with the wicked chicken in Clayton??
It's an auction that sells all kinds of animals. I'd really suggest getting there before 2 pm so that you can look over the animals really well. It's money times the animals in the box, so a box of 5 chicks (or whatever) that sells for 3.50 comes out to equal a total of 17.50. Like all auctions, WCA has to list the items as the seller tells them to. So if you are looking for something in particular, please know what it looks like as a baby, a teenager, and a adult (plus what a male vs a female looks like).

Anybody here familiar with the wicked chicken in Clayton??

It's an auction that sells all kinds of animals. I'd really suggest getting there before 2 pm so that you can look over the animals really well. It's money times the animals in the box, so a box of 5 chicks (or whatever) that sells for 3.50 comes out to equal a total of 17.50. Like all auctions, WCA has to list the items as the seller tells them to. So if you are looking for something in particular, please know what it looks like as a baby, a teenager, and a adult (plus what a male vs a female looks like).

Here is a link to their FB page...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wicked-Chicken-Auction/126024464131010?fref=ts

Keep in mind, their last auction day will be Aug. 9th until further notice.

Back
Top Bottom