North Carolina

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're close, I might be interested in another Welsummer hen. I currently have a Welsummer hen and a rooster, along with the rest of my crazy flock. My rooster is the one in my profile pic.

Oh, and as my user name suggests, I am located in Chapel Hill.

Hey I'm in kannapolis. I know it's a toss as to what I'll get but depending I should be able to sell just a hen or 2.

Wow!  Everyone has spring fever!  Chick fever! 

Check with doubleatraining on surplus Wellies.  I know she was looking for a roo.

I sold most of my BBS English Orps to April (can't remember her handle here!) and greenchickenman.  Either of them might be able to provide those.  April is in Smithfield and greenchickenman in Fayetteville.

I'll send her a message and see if she'd like a roo.

Hello Everyone!

Our family moved to NC this past summer (Oak Ridge). We had backyard chickens in Nashville, TN and are looking to get a small flock (4 or so) started here. Our old flack stayed with our home when they sold which we thought best for the birds. Not as much stress for them, but we sure do miss 'our girls'! We had a silkie, Wyandotte, Americana/easter egger, marans, Dominique and orpington. We like the heritage breeds!

Also, I do a hatching project each year for my children's classes at school. Such a neat way to introduce life cycles and frankly to some children the concept that eggs actually come from a chicken and not a carton in the grocery store! ;-) Each year in TN I was able to get some hatching eggs donated from my Backyard Chicken friends in Middle TN. I always try to get a nice variety of breeds so that the kiddos can see that not all eggs are white or the same size and the chicks/chickens don't all look the same. Many of them do not know this! My hope is that we can keep a few from this hatching project to start our new flock here. (So I am willing to pay a bit for some of the eggs since we would be keeping the chicks). Otherwise, I am happy to bring back any chicks that hatch. Otherwise, we will find a farm for them. ;-) If anyone would be interested in helping out I would appreciate it. We are looking to begin in mid March or early April.

Interested to know which breeds those around us raise and get to know some of you.
We are loving NC so far and would like to get back in the chicken business. ;-)
Laura Lee

Hello Everyone!

Our family moved to NC this past summer (Oak Ridge).  We had backyard chickens in Nashville, TN and are looking to get a small flock (4 or so) started here.  Our old flack stayed with our home when they sold which we thought best for the birds.  Not as much stress for them, but we sure do miss 'our girls'!  We had a silkie, Wyandotte, Americana/easter egger, marans, Dominique and orpington.  We like the heritage breeds!

Also, I do a hatching project each year for my children's classes at school.  Such a neat way to introduce life cycles and frankly to some children the concept that eggs actually come from a chicken and not a carton in the grocery store!  ;-)  Each year in TN I was able to get some hatching eggs donated from my Backyard Chicken friends in Middle TN.  I always try to get a nice variety of breeds so that the kiddos can see that not all eggs are white or the same size and the chicks/chickens don't all look the same.  Many of them do not know this!  My hope is that we can keep a few from this hatching project to start our new flock here.  (So I am willing to pay a bit for some of the eggs since we would be keeping the chicks).  Otherwise, I am happy to bring back any chicks that hatch.  Otherwise, we will find a farm for them.  ;-)  If anyone would be interested in helping out I would appreciate it.  We are looking to begin in mid March or early April.

Interested to know which breeds those around us raise and get to know some of you. 
We are loving NC so far and would like to get back in the chicken business.  ;-)
Laura Lee
I have many rare breeds! Tolbunt Polish, Black Mottled English Orpingtons, Paint Silkie's And Sizzles, Silver Sebrights, Blue Splash OEGB & Much More. Welcome To NC!

Hello Everyone!

Our family moved to NC this past summer (Oak Ridge). We had backyard chickens in Nashville, TN and are looking to get a small flock (4 or so) started here. Our old flack stayed with our home when they sold which we thought best for the birds. Not as much stress for them, but we sure do miss 'our girls'! We had a silkie, Wyandotte, Americana/easter egger, marans, Dominique and orpington. We like the heritage breeds!

Also, I do a hatching project each year for my children's classes at school. Such a neat way to introduce life cycles and frankly to some children the concept that eggs actually come from a chicken and not a carton in the grocery store! ;-) Each year in TN I was able to get some hatching eggs donated from my Backyard Chicken friends in Middle TN. I always try to get a nice variety of breeds so that the kiddos can see that not all eggs are white or the same size and the chicks/chickens don't all look the same. Many of them do not know this! My hope is that we can keep a few from this hatching project to start our new flock here. (So I am willing to pay a bit for some of the eggs since we would be keeping the chicks). Otherwise, I am happy to bring back any chicks that hatch. Otherwise, we will find a farm for them. ;-) If anyone would be interested in helping out I would appreciate it. We are looking to begin in mid March or early April.

We are loving NC so far and would like to get back in the chicken business. ;-)
Laura Lee

I am raising Golden Laced Wyandottes in Charlotte. My wifes family lives in Mebane and I could part with a few fertilized eggs:) Just let me know if you are interested.

That is what our Wyandotte was. She was beautiful and a great layer! Her name was Goldilocks. That would be so great if you could part with a few eggs. Not sure how far Mebane is from us but a field trip is not a problem! Once I know the exact dates (should know by the end of next week) I can let you know. Thank you so much!

Sounds like you have some beautiful birds. I hatched some frizzles with our last project. The kids loved seeing them as their feathers started to curl (I brought them back in to the class after a few weeks). Unfortunately, the frizzles were all roos and in Nashville city limits we could not have them. Do you sell hatching eggs? If so, how much typically? Also, where are you located? We are still learning the area and are not opposed to driving a small bit. ;-)

Sounds like you have some beautiful birds.  I hatched some frizzles with our last project.  The kids loved seeing them as their feathers started to curl (I brought them back in to the class after a few weeks).  Unfortunately, the frizzles were all roos and in Nashville city limits we could not have them.  Do you sell hatching eggs?  If so, how much typically?  Also, where are you located?  We are still learning the area and are not opposed to driving a small bit.  ;-)
I'll be selling hatching eggs soon, and I'm still not sure on the price. I'm in Greensboro I always go to the Oak Ridge TSC near the McDonald's. It's about a 25 min drive

We live about 5 min from the TSC and are there a lot. My husband actually used to work for their corp offices in TN before we moved. Once you know your pricing and timing, please let me know. Thanks!

We live about 5 min from the TSC and are there a lot.  My husband actually used to work for their corp offices in TN before we moved.  Once you know your pricing and timing, please let me know.  Thanks!
I sure will, there about to have chicks and ducklings there Tomorrow Or Friday Or Saturday who knows. I've been calling but nobody has a answer

Back
Top Bottom