North Carolina

Hi, NC peeps. Missing being around people who think like I do. NC, born and raised, moved to ND not quite 3 months ago. For the most part people are nice but the chicken folk on here don't chat much.
I am at my whits end right now. We bought a place up here and were told our flock was welcome, husband already in ND moves in. 4 months later the flock and I arrive. 2 weeks into the flock and I being here we were told they had to go, no longer allowed. Apparently they changed the ordinance 2 months before we arrived (or so it is recorded in the ordinance book) Now #1 I don't trust the mayor up here (the locals don't either and she knows it) #2 there are 52 households in this town. Let that sink in 52!!! there is no police, no grocery store, no gas station, no school, the post office is only open 2.5 hours a day, and farm equipment parked on main street!!! But I can't have chickens and ducks!!!!! On top of all that there are 2 ponds just across the side road from me that ducks, gulls, geese, and loons swim on. Cause there are wild birds everywhere. My neighbors didn't care and liked them.
So we housed them at a farm outside of town for a while and are trying to sneak them in, the problem is the ducks. They're noisy. Looks like I am going to have to try to rehome them, which breaks my heart. I love my duckies<3 I don't know what else to do, they can't stay at the farm because of the extreme cold in winter. I just don't know why people have to be such busy bodies.

Oh my you must work nights....we should try and get together, it would be nice to know another chicken person in the area.

@MappaM I like your avatar. We were at the beach a couple weeks ago and talking about the wine with the rooster in the label - but no one could remember the name. Never tried it though...

Welcome! There are a bunch of NCers's here.
smile.png

We're in Wake County, how about you?

Back
Top Bottom