North Carolina

:p
Poultry shows in the south are going to be mostly bantams. Some shows have stopped taking Large Entries because of the lack of Large Fowl in the south. Just not a lot of LF breeders around this area. The LF numbers have gone up at shows the last few years, but still not a lot.

https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/
Is a good place to find shows in specific areas.

If you are wanting to know about breeds that are bred to the APA or ABA standards then, sorry to say, fairs are a waste of time.

Most exhibition breeders left BYC several years ago. Most breed clubs have a facebook page and there are a lot of groups on there that can help those interested in exhibition poultry. Just be warned there are some of so called high and mighty people that are just full of themselves. Don't let those discourage anyone. There are more that will help new people.

Thanks for the info! I was kinda thinking the same thing about fairs. I mean fairs in my mind I picture 4h project or just a “pretty” backyard chicken or just something to do for some people. The whole LF thing I find interesting I wonder why so little interest.

I did find the breed club last night and I’ll probably do more digging into that. I figured there would be some stuck up people in showing because I bet it’s like all competitons, some people just think they know it all or are better than you or know more than you. But that’s life. I was hoping to try showing to see if it was fun thing to do bc I love chickens. ESP mine :p

Hi Everyone,

I'm an entomology student in the Raleigh/Durham area looking to collect samples of poultry lice, mites, and ticks. If you are in the area and have any arthropod parasites afflicting your birds, I would love to come by and try to collect some samples!
Feel free to message me on here, or text/call me at 757-613-four six zero three.

Thank You All!
-Nic

We have a visitor

Attachments

• Eagle 1.jpg
    Eagle 1.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom