North Carolina

Hello I'm looking for a silkie rooster that's under a year old for my silkie hens he has to be friendly as there are little ones around i am located in Fuquay Varina Raleigh North Carolina

Hello fellow North Carolinians! I have 4 (yes, FOUR) cockerels that need homes. I am located in Moore County (near Carthage, Pinehurst, Seven Lakes). Three of the cockerels form a Bachelor Flock. The head of this flock and one of the other cockerels are a mix of FBCM & Cream Legbar. The other member of this Bachelor Flock is a Barred Rock. My daughter is a 2nd grader and these 3 guys were hatched out in her classroom in May. They're 9 weeks old. All 3 are crowing but the bottom of the pecking order cockerel (FBCM & Cream Legbar X) has only crowed a few times. The other 2 guys have practiced A LOT, hahaha! My last cockerel will be 6 weeks old on Wednesday (7/24) and he is a Buff Orpington that I ordered as a day old "Pullet" from Cackle Hatchery. He was vaccinated for Mareks before he was shipped to me. We had arrangements for the 3 older guys to join another flock but unfortunately that fell through (was a family member). If we had the room, we'd keep them, but we just don't have the room and the girls are ready to go out to the coop now. Plus, I worry about cockerel behavior since my 7 year old is involved in caring for the chickens, even though they have not shown any human aggression whatsoever. Please let me know if you have room for these cockerels and would like to have them join your flock. Thank you!

Hello I have 5 hens and one rooster that need a home the rooster is a Americana and is 4 months old we have 1 Columbian Wyandotte hen
1 Barnyard mix and 3 Easter Eggers the hens still lay most days
Screenshot_20190724-202450_Photos.jpg
20190724_201553.jpg
20190724_201506.jpg
20190724_201803.jpg
Screenshot_20190724-202447_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190724-202447_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190724-202444_Photos.jpg
the rooster is not aggressive at all and he is very friendly and is even friendly to little kids he follows us around the yard a lot and is not skittish but does not like to be picked up he sometimes likes to be petted
The hens are all a little skittish we would like a rehoming fee of 100$

Last edited:
I'm in western NC, not far from Asheville. I've got 17 10-week-old chicks, my first flock! I will have to rehome a few as soon as I know who is who.
I live with a Plott hound (NC state dog), tho I didn't know the breed before we met! I have a good size vegetable garden, so I'm able to grow almost all of the produce the chickens and I need. Life is good in the mountains!

I also have four roos, in Youngsville, but very close to the Louisburg and Wake Forest areas. 2 Blue and 1 Black Sumatras, and 1 Red Laced White Cornish. All cockerels.
Free. Can be taken separately, individually or all together. Sorry to be posting even more roos on here- I'm not allowed to have them in my neighborhood. Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom