North Carolina

I'm in the southwest Wake, Northwest Harnett, southeast Chatham Co area (not much hurricane activity here). I'm hoping to find some folks who are interested in pet ducks. My flock was quite prolific this summer so I now have "too many" ducklings (according to my husband). They were all hand raised, took over my master bath as their brooder, so they've been around people a lot. The oldest 8 are Pekins (maybe Pekin/White Layers) and hatched June 13th. They're friendly but a little nervous when first approached since they moved outside. That group is an even split of males & females. I'd like to see them go in pairs if possible so I don't throw off the gender balance.
Then I have another group of 6 Pekins that hatched August 1-9th. I'm not sure what the gender mix is with this group. They're still mostly indoor duckies. I might have a few Cayuga or Cayuga/Khaki Campbell mixes too. Well, I do have them, I'm just not sure I want to let any of them go. Actually, I'll hate to see any leave but they really like people and I won't have the time or energy to give them all as much attention as they want.
If anyone is interested, please send me a message. Thanks!

Hello! I was wondering if anyone near Bladenboro had any unwanted silkies or could point me in the right direction in getting one? Silkies are my favorite and I think one of the little clouds would make a good companion animal. I can't go very far because my grandma is my only ride and I'd hate to ask her to drive long distances. Thank you for reading this!

Hello North Carolina! Anyone here from OBX area or just inland?

My husband and I are seriously looking at retiring to the area as soon as he's put in his time with the fire department and can get all his retirement benefits...should be about 4 more years. Still a ways off I know, but backyard birds have become such a big part of our lives (mine more than his) that I can't imagine not having them now.

So my question for you guys is...do you have any idea about the laws and ordinances for Dare County or Hyde County? I'm assuming each town probably has additional ordinances as well, if you know anything about those, I'm all ears!

Heyo All! I have some mixed breed brown egg layers, and a few silver duckwing old english game bantam chicks for sale. The Silver Duckwings are $4.00 each, and the mixed breed layer chicks are 2.75 per. All sold as straight run, located in Maysville NC.

Heyo All! I have some mixed breed brown egg layers, and a few silver duckwing old english game bantam chicks for sale. The Silver Duckwings are $4.00 each, and the mixed breed layer chicks are 2.75 per. All sold as straight run, located in Maysville NC.
Oh, so close, but not what I'm looking for at this time. Have your tried Craigs List for Eastern NC?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone near Bladenboro had any unwanted silkies or could point me in the right direction in getting one? Silkies are my favorite and I think one of the little clouds would make a good companion animal. I can't go very far because my grandma is my only ride and I'd hate to ask her to drive long distances. Thank you for reading this!
Have you tried looking at Craigs List for Eastern NC? Ask your grandmother or another adult to look up silkies. **I do not think it would be safe or wise for you to make any online connections.. Always ask an adult.** There is a seller in Grimesland, which isn't too far from Bladenboro (but distance is relative), and another in Roanoke Rapids. Which would be a long distance.
You are very respectful and thoughtful in thinking about your grandmother's taxi service. When my granddaughter asks me to take her somewhere, I need to know how far so I can plan. I'm her taxi service too as I'm retired.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom