North Carolina

Hello neighbor! I'm in West End, so literally right down the road. How old are your Serama chicks now? I have one Serama pullet that my daughter (9 years old) and I absolutely adore.
They are around 5 weeks old. They would be perfect for you I think! They were originally under a broody hen but shes done raising them at this point. I would keep a lamp on them at night or see if your pullet would "adopt" them. I can do all three for $30 you will have a nice breeding trio if you wanted to do so.

What do you have? I have frizzle roosters
I have one actual adult breeding rooster but I have a bunch of his sons, one is just starting to crow and the others are still small but fully feathered. I will take pictures tomorrow or Thursday and post them. I am just hoping to find someone who is also looking to get new blood in their breeding program. I am not a serious breeder striving for the SOP or to show birds. I just keep them and breed them because I like having a lot of tiny birds.

IMG_6942.JPG

First one is the patriarch, He is the father of every Serama I have.
IMG_6967.JPG

Of all the cockerels I still have, he is the oldest, just starting to crow.
IMG_6885.JPG

I have a bunch of younger ones still to grow up, Some are developing large combs.

You can see I do not breed to an SOP, just a basic Serama shape, pet quality tiny birds. So who ever would trade with me should either be breeding for the same reason or trade me a cull because I have no intention of selective breeding for the SOP.

Wow Patriarch is beautiful! I have frizzles and breed pet quality as well and currently have some feather lose due to a male duck :( , maybe in the future when they look a little better I could trade if you were interested.

Attachments

• 3A7A9EF9-5F5E-49D5-96E3-EC9BAF50368E.jpeg
    3A7A9EF9-5F5E-49D5-96E3-EC9BAF50368E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • EA744A78-FB88-42A3-AAB1-7F156921A355.jpeg
    EA744A78-FB88-42A3-AAB1-7F156921A355.jpeg
    925.9 KB · Views: 4
We are looking to move to Pamlico county, possibly Arapahoe, from Maryland. I can't find anything on line concerning ordinances on chickens. I found the city of New Bern only. Is anyone familiar with the rules in this area? I'd like to bring a few of my girls with me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom