North Carolina

Quote:
Pictures???
big_smile.png

The chickens had to get there boat out, the coop flooded

I don't know what to tell you about your one hen that doesn't get along with the rest. If you have tried everything you know to do maybe rehoming would be the way to go that way there would be peace in the flock.

celebrate.gif
Just got off the phone with my husband
love.gif
(he's coming home tomorrow) who asked if we could go this weekend (I can barely contain myself
wee.gif
) to start picking up materials to get our coop built. PRAYERS ANSWERED!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

hu.gif
Apparently we are not having a wood floor because the coop is being built on a concrete slab. Is this an "ok" floor? Would the chickens be "ok" with it? Would there be any issues with the concrete in our "winters"? Is there an increased risk of mites or anything like that? Can you still do the deep litter method? Sorry so many questions, but I thought I should at least have some answers for him when he comes home...because once he gets in the building mood...there's no stopping him!!
big_smile.png

lau.gif
So I asked my husband how am I going to clean it? His response, "I haven't really thought about that, but I'll come up with something, I swear".
gig.gif
MEN!! (Sorry to all the other guys out there that aren't my husband...
lau.gif
)

Olf - PICTURES PLEASE
droolin.gif

welcome-byc.gif
to you 4Hills!!

Quote:
She was with other chickens before I got her so I am wondering if it is my two hens. They have been together for awhile now since the last hen was taken by the coyote.
hu.gif

Quote:
My layers' house has a concrete floor. Cleaning is simple with a snow shovel, hoe, and a broom. I had no issues with it. I do put shavings down to keep the hens from landing directly on the concrete. I am always worried about bumble foot with my FAT girls.

Matt

Quote:
My layers' house has a concrete floor. Cleaning is simple with a snow shovel, hoe, and a broom. I had no issues with it. I do put shavings down to keep the hens from landing directly on the concrete. I am always worried about bumble foot with my FAT girls.

Matt

Phew!! Thank you so much Matt!! I am glad to hear that concrete is ok. I was worried for a moment. I did read the coop design page and there were a bunch of people saying you HAD to have the rubber (horse style) matting because of the whole foot issue unless you had bantams (which I wasn't planning on getting...I was the BIG FAT/FLUFFY chickens
big_smile.png
) I'm glad to know concrete and a generous layer of shavings works!!

Can't wait to start taking pictures...
ep.gif
I'd better dig out my camera!! Although I will say
tongue.gif
to the fact that it rained all night... I'm hoping it dries up before construction starts...if not, he can work under a tarp, right??
hide.gif
gig.gif
!!

NeeleysAVLChicks - How many do you have? I'd like to get a few more babies....and a drive to the mountains is never a bad thing.
smile.png

BellyDancer - I'm in Raeford too!

My week old chicks are starting to show tailfeathers...and trying to escape! hehe They are SO curious.

NeeleysAVLChicks - How many do you have? I'd like to get a few more babies....and a drive to the mountains is never a bad thing.
smile.png

BellyDancer - I'm in Raeford too!

My week old chicks are starting to show tailfeathers...and trying to escape! hehe They are SO curious.

Back
Top Bottom