North Carolina

Picked up five Buff BOs and what we hope:fl is a light brahma cockerell to add to our four LF light brahmas.

This is our first experience with chickens and we are so impressed.

With Brahmas (LF) my recommendation is feed, water and duck or dig a foxhole.
hide.gif

Dave

HT
droolin.gif
Better use some food coloring next time
lol.png
Little stinker!

SCM... You could put them out during the day for a bit, but I would keep them in at night, unless you give them a heat lamp. I usally keep them in until they are feathered, but that is what "I" do. Alot of people brood their chicks outside. Nothing wrong with that at all. They need to be draft free, warm & dry. Of course as long as it is not winter.
OOO and cute pics.
big_smile.png

Congrats Daver on the new additions.

I do not need showgirls..... I do not need showgirls...... repeat
old.gif

Daver, I have LF Brahmas, only hens though 2 light, 4 buff. we had a light B roo but he was mean so he went iinto the freezer. I love the breed though very sweet and gentle birds. They lay a nice size egg too.
big_smile.png

Quote:
To answer you and Suburban, I have been working on chocolate for a year now. That I know of there is no one else working on it in bantams using the old fashion way of out crossing. The only other chocolates I know of are the UK Imports?? It started with one solid chocolate pullet that I created that is 1/2 bantam orpington, who has them graced me with chocolate pullet/cockerel offspring and some split black cockerels. I have now taken her back to a bantam orpington for more split blacks that will be 3/4 orp. I am really enjoying this project and am very proud of what I have accomplished so far.
big_smile.png

I also have some gorgeous Mille Fleur/Jubilee bantam orpingtons growing out from another project. This group are f3's and starting to really see some progress.
wink.png

Well I have a bit more to share..... I was graced with some more English orpingtons last night only these are some gorgeous blues!!!
love.gif
Can't wait to see how they finish out, hopefully I will show sowing one of them come fall.
big_smile.png

49849_dsc05263.jpg

49849_dsc05265.jpg

One of my 8 week old black English Pullets
49849_dsc05271.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
, bobwhitebreeder007 glad to have ya. Hey Ht they are beautiful love the color of the blue.. and your blk is georgeous. looking forward to seeing how they look when adults. also looking forward to seeing the chocolates when growing out so please post pics every once in a while. Can you show chocolates here in the US?

frow.gif
bobwhite!!! We're neighbors! I'm in Apex!

Oooh, so pretty HT!!! And thanks for the info! I am so fascinated with the genetics and breeding. Too bad I don't plan on even having any roosters!!!
sad.png
But at least I can live vicariously through you!!! Can't wait to see more pics as they grow! Do you have pics of the older chocolates or is that top secret information???
cool.png

daver - congrats on your new Brahmas and BOs! Pics please!

MissLydia - thanks for the props on the playpen but it wasn't my bright idea - we used them at the wildlife hospital as a growout pen there for birds and such. And luckily I had one in the garage that had had a little accident and couldn't be used with the babies anymore.

Checked the weather and guess I'll wait a bit. My house is the same temp its been at its lowest the past couple of days, but it looks like it's going to drop later in week, so no point in taking them out for just a couple of days! But they'll definitely still have their heat lamp (well, ceramic heat emitter thingy) for a while!

Bhep, have you pm'd ourlittleflock yet???
lau.gif

Have a good night everyone!!!

Good evening all. Love all the baby chick pictures. So sooo cute. Update on Wilma............ she is off running with the big girls. She put herself to bed tonight snuggling with the SLWs. My baby has grown up. I am so glad she transitioned out in the pen so well. Now for my weekend work...renovations on the chicken run and sleep coop.

39034_april11_152.jpg

Boxed in the covered food drink area and loaded play sand in. The girls took some time to get use to it.

39034_april11_151.jpg

Sonny the girls protector

39034_april11_155.jpg

Sleeping quarters. Had to put the board to the right for the silkies. They do not like to perch.

39034_april11_148.jpg

39034_april11_147.jpg

Covered run inbedded into the land scape.

39034_april11_268.jpg

Somebody else doing some home improvements in my broom handle.

Love it Bird Collector. it looks awesome and the land scaping is really nice 2.. Great work. and I especially like the broom handle at least now you can hang it up.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom