North Carolina

Quote:
X2
frow.gif

ya.gif
Jane is walking! Jane is walking!
ya.gif
We noticed her leg kept turning in, and we ended up finding out that she had injured her hip. So we have been keeping an eye on her. Today she decided to try and walk, she is not putting to much weight on it but some
smile.png

HT, we are going to try and make it to the swap. We don't have anything to sell, and we really don't need to buy anything, LOL But we would like to meet everyone
big_smile.png

Good afternoon everyone!! We have been having fun with the new girls. We have picked out names for them and all but 1 name is from Beatrix Potter (the one name that isn't, is a cross over to Chronicles of Narnia...
gig.gif
). Our white maran is named Tabitha, the gray one is Dutchess and the two spotted ones (not sure how to describe the color, if I remember correctly, one is blue and the other is copper) are Lucie and Susan!!
smile.png
They are
love.gif
SO sweet. Not that I don't love my orps, but you always have to like the new kid...you know, they have to get special treatment!!
lau.gif
I will say though, they do NOT like my treats!! I tried giving them oats which my orps will come running once they hear the baggie...these girls weren't interested. I had an apple and pear pieces left over from making baby food...they didn't care about that either!
hu.gif
I guess I am going to have to invest in some scratch or mealworms....something to get these girls running when I come out!! We have been giving them turns out in the run, but the gate is see through so they can interact with one another at all times. The 4 girls do jump the fence at night and sleep cuddled up with the masses...although in the morning there is a bit of chasing and running and pecking until they get back on "their side". I cannot wait for this group to get along and see if it helps with the boys fighting!! Cotton-Tail is still aggressive. He now pecks anyone who comes into the barn regardless of who it is. It's not a hard peck so I am not sure if he's curious or if it's leading up to something more troublesome. We will keep an eye on him and if things get worse
hit.gif
....I don't want to think about that. Having more girls to play with just HAS to work!! Well...Have a great day everyone!!

OOhh, almost forgot!!
welcome-byc.gif
Mrsgell!!

Allabout:
ya.gif
I am so happy for you and Jane!! Please let us know how she continues to progress!!

HT: I am SO JEALOUS that we do not live closer. BHep and I were talking about needing something on our end!!
lau.gif
So once you get done with yours, why don't you plan one for us.
lau.gif
lau.gif
Hehe.

Quote:
I hope your boys all get along Ruthann, it does happen sometimes I'm told. I just found out this morning we have another roo in our chicks so we're up to 3 of the 16, well they sound kinda like a kazoo instead of a roo, but they are practicing.
big_smile.png

so happy to hear about your little hen "allabout" I hope she continues to improve. I probably won't get to come to the swap since my dh has already said he won't go, and I am such a baby about traveling by myself. but it's still a fer piece off so maybe he'll change his mind.
fl.gif

Hey Folks, my black silkie is crowing and I think I need to get rid of him before my neighbors kill me. I am in Raleigh, so if anyone knows someone around here that wants a sweet little boy please let me know.

gotta get back to work on the chicken coop that is taking me 3 months to build so far.....I have been slacking......

So, tonight, with Erin the mean roo now gone, we took down the tarp that has been dividing the 2 sets of birds. There is alot of looking and turning of heads. We thought the Barred Rocks were big birds until we took down the tarp, and now side by side the Buffs are equal to them, infact the roo is already bigger.

Just a question: Has anyone ever crossed a Buff Orp with a Barred Rock? If so, what was the coloring that came out? I am curious as to see what color scheme it may produce.

Back
Top Bottom