North Carolina

Quote:
I am sure I will check in...if nothing else than to escape the insanity of it all!!
lau.gif
tongue.gif
WHY can't we go back to normal weather?? It wasn't nearly so hot last year!! What do you do with the frozen peas & zucchini BHep? Is that just a snack for them on a hot day? I have a "milk" jug filled with ice that I leave in there...there is usually the Alpha 2 (Buffs) that lay around it.
gig.gif
Now I am thankful we didn't chop down all those trees around the coop...it does keep it a tad bit cooler in there!! Still...it's HOT!!
sickbyc.gif

fl.gif
I'm praying for your guy to get better...after all, DD hasn't had a real chance to "cuddle" with him!!
lau.gif
Is it just possibly too hot for him to get comfortable? It's been YEARS since I had a horse - although I'd rescue one in an INSTANT if we had the proper place for it!!
big_smile.png
I was suppose to do some more baking today...that is definitely OUT of the question. Now what to do with myself??
lau.gif

My heart goes out to all who have lost stock from the heat or critters or whatever........I know how hard it can be and how bad it feels. The heat is just awful and there seems to be not end in sight but I know in a few months I'll be wanting warmer weather because the cold just plain hurts
lau.gif

Hope everyone has a super day
tongue2.gif

Fellow North Carolinians: I thought I'd let you know that there is currently an Araucana mix hen (age unknown) available at the Orange County Animal shelter. She's been there since July 25. You can see a picture of her, as well as instructions for contacting the animal shelter, here.

Hello my fellow North Carolinians,

I am here in [now] very hot Fayetteville and have a beautiful EE roo to be rehomed.

crw_2933-crw_11.jpg

It happens that it and another pullet purchase turned out to be roos. I want to keep this chicken, but could have 4 roos. If that is the case, I plan to rehome 3 of them. That is out of 12 peeps purchased 05/26. This chick is 10-12 weeks oll and does now crow. He is not aggressive. He eats from my hand and is not yet harassing the young pullets. I expect them to begin laying in October. See pictures of him here and in my blog . Other pics are in my later sets. I'm off Country Club Drive near Ramsey Street. I look for your post if interested. Please PM me as well. Also, come by to see him. Thanks! --jim

Glad you was able to save your hen Matt. Opposums generally don't travel or form groups ,,,,,,mostly a solitary animal unless it's breeding season or a mother posum. We had one attack our full grown goose hens. Killed them one at a time over a weeks time by the same tactic.......jumped on top of the back and chew at the base of the neck............I ususally don't kill the wildlife but this one kept coming back and we had no hope of catching it so we ended up eliminating it. I have had posums before but they were just passing through and never bothered anything.......I think it went after the geese because it couldn't catch anything to eat out in the woods.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom