North Carolina

Quote:
I am to understand that the hens are slimmer, have thinner legs and smaller. How old are yours now? 5 weeks ? Can you post pics?

Good morning, everyone!! Why is it I don't feel like I'm getting up an hour later?

Very pretty Beth! Those babies are adorable. They certainly aren't shy!

putertired.gif

I do not like Mondays.

Quote:
x2
I will add I do not like COLD Mondays either!!
BHep - because you asked me to save you some treats...I have decided to start my holiday baking early this year (in case you feel the NEED to come over....hehe I'd put you to work sewing while I bake...or vice versa) and I am currently feeling out what all I should make. Suggestions?? Requests??
gig.gif
If you put in a suggestion/request you might have to PM me with the recipe just in case I don't have it.
Here is what I am planning on making thus far:
Oreo Truffles (who can resist truffles)
Buckeyes (for those of you who don't know what a buckeye is...it's a nut, and a football team and a delicious chocolate & peanut butter ball)
Sugar cookies
Death by Chocolate Chips - Chocolate Chip Cookies (calls for 8 cups of chocolate chips!! YUM)
Peanut Brittle
Turkey Cookies (For Thanksgiving...it's basically a sugar cookie with candy corn for the feathers, M&M's for the eyes and frosting for the beak and legs...super cute!!)
Hmm...what else can I make besides my usual Chocolate candies, chocolate covered nuts, haystacks and pretzel rods??
hu.gif

Okay, now onto important Chicken news. <drum roll please> Yesterday my girls FINALLY gave me SIX eggs!! All but 1 girl laid an egg yesterday...not sure who the one holding out is, but
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
SIX!! A full half dozen!!

NH
droolin.gif

And I just KNEW this morning would stink. Cold, foggy, Monday AND my younger kids bus was SSOOSOOOOOo late. We waited out in the cold for 30 minutes, decided to go back inside and I would drive them. 2-3 minutes later the bus pulls up, honks and drives away. How the heck did she expect us to get back outside in a 1 second.
duc.gif

On the bright side.... the kids came out and helped with barn chores and I drove them in. QT in the car chit chatting.
love.gif

Quote:
In monsoon and blizzard contiditions I have been know to park one of the vehicles at the bus stop to wait out of the nastiness. Our driveway is rather long. I'm not the only parent that does this around here.

Hey, forgive the bus driver this time. Sounds like they were having a Monday, too.
wink.png

Lets add more happiness to my day...

The county just notified us they are garnishing my husband's wages for underpayment of property taxes!

Hooray, I'm going to go crawl in a corner. Life wins this round.
he.gif

Hi everyone!

Well, even though I had the incubator disaster, I still hatched 15 of 18 eggs! Adding the 6 adorable easter eggers that BHep brought to me, I've got 21 chickies in the brooders!

BHep was also nice enough to make chick shoes for one of mine who hatched with terribly curled feet.

Thanks so much for everything, Beth! It was great meeting you guys!

Hope everyone else is having an ok Monday. Sorry about the news from the county, vfem...It's always something.

Vfem..... I don't even know what to say ! Sorry just does not cover it, but sorry to hear that again ! Please believe that thing will get better.
hugs.gif
X100

AllyR... you are very welcome. Me & my kids enjoyed our visit. We will have to do it again.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom